Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (2 Viewers)

loutheo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2010
Melbourne
Home Country
Australia Australia
I think the white scheme look great. Before moving to mediaportal I had a white scheme for Windows Media Centre and I much preferred it to the standard blue. I didnt find it to bright to look at at all.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ideal for those Apple users to have a windows choice, but for me again too bright, especially on a big screen.

In a ideal world wouldn't it be nice when choosing a skin to have theme options available, so when installing only the colours necessary are downloaded, can see it one day :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you all for your feedback. Much appreciated. The blue will always be supported. I'm looking into adding this new white look as a choice for those who like it.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

A few more screenshots from the white mode.

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
      screenshot1.jpg
      224.5 KB
    • screenshot2.jpg
      screenshot2.jpg
      175.9 KB
    • screenshot3.jpg
      screenshot3.jpg
      160.1 KB

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Avallonis (An Avalon MOD)

I love the white stuff. Please go forward. Maybe it´s possible to create two versions. White or Blue.
    Can´t wait

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    I personally think it would be better to spend your time on the current Avallonis and get all the bugs ironed and out and adding support for more plugins (MyEmulators for example) rather than spending your time creating a variation of the current skin, and then also maintaining both a blue and white skin for future changes. Maybe if you could use mediaportal themes then this might work a little better. Ie, you can get all the functionallity working in Avallonis and then just apply either a white/blue theme.

PS. Are any of the little bugs that I posted in my last post going to be addressed as my post wasnt acknowledged.

Thanks for all the time you put into this mod.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi JimmyBoy,

Thank you for your comment. I hope understand that I do this on my spare time. I will myself use the white theme on my home system so I will finish this. This MOD started out as a personal MOD that I used on my home system. I posted some screenshots to say thank you to the Avalon team for their amazing skin. After that I got so many requests for the MOD that I decided to make it public.

Hope this make sense and please continue to provide feedback.

cheers
    cul8er

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    donnacha
    I'd actually take it to the other extreme and go for a black skin....I used to have the black Monochrome skin and liked it !

I liked Monochrome too. In fact I still use it on one HTPC. You should look at backdrop, Cul8er's previous creation. It is black, fast and beautiful. Hopefully he will update it with recent changes, especially since the Avalon theme is now building a fanart oriented skin called Titan.

I think Cul8er has masterfully achieved a balance usability(Info presented, easy navigation) with beauty and elegance with Backdrop. I am sure that having worked on Avalonnis, that he will tweak a few things in Backdrop when he revisits it. However, even in it's initial implementation, if you enjoyed Monochrome, I think you would love Backdrop.

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi JimmyBoy,

Thank you for your comment. I hope understand that I do this on my spare time. I will myself use the white theme on my home system so I will finish this. This MOD started out as a personal MOD that I used on my home system. I posted some screenshots to say thank you to the Avalon team for their amazing skin. After that I got so many requests for the MOD that I decided to make it public.

Hope this make sense and please continue to provide feedback.

cheers
    cul8er

I fully understand that you do this in your own time and for free, I hope my comments didnt come across as unappreciative as I, as well as many others I would think, really appreciate the work you put in.

You have made a really nice MOD here that a lot of people like, and I just like to provide reports on any bugs I find to help make this skin as perfect as possible, of course comments on layouts etc... are all personal opinions.

Keep up the good work! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom