Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (3 Viewers)

FilterX

Portal Pro
June 15, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: Avalon MOD

Hmm, could I persuade you (maybe with some additional help) to add the vertical version as well? (I like your mod, but I also like a vertical menu more).

Love the Mods for this Skin as well, but would prefer the Vertical too. Pitty it's horizontal only.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Avallonis (An Avalon MOD)

Isn't this MOD all about a horizontal menu and therefor a bit more fanart? I think if it will also support a vertical menu who needs Avalon then... so I would agree with TheBatfink here. If you want a vertical menu you should use Avalon?!

JimmyBoy

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think the problem that has arisen is that while Avallonis has been developed there hasnt been much/any development to Avalon, meaning that there are some nice features that have been added to Avallonis that arent present in Avalon, which means for people that like the vertical menu they have to choose: drop the new/updated features in avallonis and go back to Avalon purely for it's vertical menu, or put up with the horizontal menu in avallonis to benefit from the features added by cul8r.

For me personally, I can live with the horizontal menu in favour of all the little tweaks that cul8r has implemented.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So have there been bug fixes etc?... because according to the thread title " Avalon 1.0 ***02-12-11*** for MP 1.2.x" there hasnt been any development for 2 months.

You mean there has been "no release" for that time, maybe you need to try GIT.

A: the developers need time to write changes.
    B: these then needed to be fully tested to make sure they work.

+ adding any community inspired changes, this is hard work, have you ever gone through some of the skin file xml's, not easy reading ;)

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After reviewing the Avalon Community Mods thread, there are quite a bit of GUI mods that tailor Avalon to my personal preferences. So I now agree with the others, keep it the way the Skinner intended. The horizontal menu is not for me, so Avalon tweaked with the Community Mods suits me fine.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I really was against the horizontal menu as well UNTIL I ACTUALLY TRIED IT. It works very well and isn't as intrusive as the vertical menu when it comes to displaying FanArt. If you pass on trying this skin-mod just because the pictures turn you off, please give it a spin, it might win you over.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom