Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (3 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    @corporate_gadfly - you'll need to run the Avallonis config from within the MP config program to switch to white.
    If you are getting the #homeitem, #topitem things at the top, exit, then clear the MP cache, run the Avallonis config package and create a new BasicHome.xml - you are seeing these because the system doesn't know what to put there - they are placeholders for the info.

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @corporate_gadfly - you'll need to run the Avallonis config from within the MP config program to switch to white.
    If you are getting the #homeitem, #topitem things at the top, exit, then clear the MP cache, run the Avallonis config package and create a new BasicHome.xml - you are seeing these because the system doesn't know what to put there - they are placeholders for the info.
    Therein lies the problem. I did miss something. The .rar files only contain an Avallonis subdirectory which I deposited in the skins folder. So, in the MediaPortal Configuration, I don't see an Avallonis Editor at all.

Was I supposed to run a MP1.3Beta compatible Avallonis MPEI first and then replace the skin folder with the .rar contents, and then use the editor? Will try that tonight when the production HTPC is not in use (meaning kids are in bed and wife is not watching soaps).

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    All the new skin settingfiles for MP1.3 beta and above are done. Tell me if i missed one.

There is also a new keyboard overlay for Avallanche Theme.

Attachments

• Theme.png
      Theme.png
      378.3 KB
    • keyboard overlay.png
      keyboard overlay.png
      293.4 KB
    • Settings+keyboard overlay.zip
      92.8 KB
    Last edited:

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed this today, here's a few things I noticed:

* Installer doesn't ask me to uninstall my previous version of Avalonis
    * My old Basic Home settings aren't used now, I had to completely reconfigure Basic Home
    * Weather Overlays doesn't work - I'm using WorldWeather Lite

Cheers
    Emph

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed this today, here's a few things I noticed:

* Installer doesn't ask me to uninstall my previous version of Avalonis
    * My old Basic Home settings aren't used now, I had to completely reconfigure Basic Home
    * Weather Overlays doesn't work - I'm using WorldWeather Lite

Cheers
    Emph

Hi Emph,

1. Strange. Try to only open the installer again and see if it ask you to uninstall your previous version. It should work. Did you have a proper installation before.
    2. I'm sorry, my fault. The previous installer overwrite the Avallonis config file. I've corrected it now. All personal settings will remain.
    3. I have to take a look at this.

Regards
    Sweborn

Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    All the new skin settingfiles for MP1.3 beta and above are done. Tell me if i missed one.
    Here is also a link to the whole Avallonis 1.4.0.0 installation package (including DVDArt skin mod and the old but working editor).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9610192/Avalonis_v1.4.0.0.mpe1
    wow... thank you so much. Life is back to normal.

One issue. See screenshot. I am not able to add any sub-menu for Moving Pictures in the Avallonis Editor. Usually, I would put a sub-menu for Kids Movies categories. The Category field is not populated at all, so nothing to pick.
    dea9e2050f9f42a1b646736.png

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1. Strange. Try to only open the installer again and see if it ask you to uninstall your previous version. It should work. Did you have a proper installation before.

I did have a proper one installed, yes. I uninstalled it using Extension Installer later.

2. I'm sorry, my fault. The previous installer overwrite the Avallonis config file. I've corrected it now. All personal settings will remain.

Sweet!

3. I have to take a look at this.

Also, the RSS feeds doesn't work in Basic Home (for me). In TITAN and StreamedMP, they work. I will check again, in case it was a glitch. I'm running the latest InfoService.

Emph

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    wow... thank you so much. Life is back to normal.

One issue. See screenshot. I am not able to add any sub-menu for Moving Pictures in the Avallonis Editor. Usually, I would put a sub-menu for Kids Movies categories. The Category field is not populated at all, so nothing to pick.
    dea9e2050f9f42a1b646736.png
    for a comparison, here is a screenshot from skin editor for X-factor2
    6332b406217b4062b5854fd.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom