Avalon 0.9.7.0 Beta ***13-11-11*** for MP 1.2.x (Original Thread) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Avalon 0.9.1.190 Beta ***10-06-11*** for MP 1.2.x

Hi Avalon team!

First of all congratulations and a very big :D for this awesome skin to the whole team! The skin is workíng great and with a great performance! I have made some tests and found some possible issues, please take a look at the screenshots:
    Hi,

thanks for reporting the issues!
    1. Screenshot 1: mymusicplayingnow - some overlapping text and unfortunately the "Genre" and "Year" Fields aren't working"
    I use the properties from the wiki for "Genre" and "Year". They should be scraped from allmusic.com.
    2. Screenshot 2: MyPictures: is it possible to keep aspect ratio of the (preview-)picture?
    will try;)
    3. Screenshot 3: overlapping of rating stars!
    Will be fixed in the next release!
    One question: Avalon supports MyFilms5.0! Where can i get it ;)!

We get a test version from guzzi.:)

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi ncoH!

Thanks for reply!

One issue issue more:
    mymusicplayingnow - "best album tracks" & "track suggestions" aren't wortking

I use the properties from the wiki for "Genre" and "Year". They should be scraped from allmusic.com.

Yepp, it works, but would it not be better, to read such infos from tags?

We get a test version from guzzi.:)

Will ask him!

Best regards

Helios

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Out and about on phone so can't check but there are two sets of properties for this. The albuminfo ones are available if scraped from allmusic.com. #play.current.genre (going from memory here) should be based on tags

Edit: Yep http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_....0_to_1.2.0/Music_Now_Playing_Skin_Properties
    #Play.Current.Genre instead of #Play.AlbumInfo.Genre (and same with year)

Looking at MyMusicNowPlaying.overview.xml you also make reference to an album rating using #Play.AlbumInfo.Rating which is based on scraped data from AMG

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Great work guys!!

joostzilla
    But what about a better splashscreen? It's too empty and booring. Seomthing like tha Maya splashscreen would be nice.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: Avalon 0.9.1.190 Beta ***10-06-11*** for MP 1.2.x

Hi there,
    skin looks great and feels great, thank you very much.
    as it is an early beta, i of course found some minor bugs/glitches and have some suggestions.

- apart from the bugs mentioned before i saw that there is a gleitch when watching a video, pressing pause and then info, or the other way around. the background of the osd disappears and the its not showing the right infos.

- also, is it possible to center the backdrops in series/movies view? at this point the backdrop gets cut of at around the middle, and the right part of the backdrop is gone. maybe it loos better if the picture is centered to this area and some part of the left and the right gets cut of. im not sure, but maybe it also looks better without the cover of tvseries or movie, so the backdrop is shown in full, like the episodes screen in tvseries, would be great to choose between backdrop+cover and just backdrop in the settings.

- in series i realy like to see how many people voted for a series or an episode, this is supported by tvseries.

- at this point i cant see any ratings in movies.

- last but not least i saw that in e.g. tvseries series overview (listview) at the bottom, where the infos are (name, rating, summary) these infos are not aligned to the left of the screen, there is a gap. maybe there is supposed to be something but not showing for me, or its a placeholder, but if not, i think it looks better if the infos are aligned to the left, which gives us more space for the infos. :)

if screenshots needed please let me know, and i will take some.
    i am sure some of these points are already in your to do list, keep up the good work, and thank you for this great professional skin, hope i could help a little making it even better ;).

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Avalon 0.9.1.190 Beta ***10-06-11*** for MP 1.2.x

- apart from the bugs mentioned before i saw that there is a gleitch when watching a video, pressing pause and then info, or the other way around. the background of the osd disappears and the its not showing the right infos.

will be fixed.
    - also, is it possible to center the backdrops in series/movies view? at this point the backdrop gets cut of at around the middle, and the right part of the backdrop is gone. maybe it loos better if the picture is centered to this area and some part of the left and the right gets cut of. im not sure, but maybe it also looks better without the cover of tvseries or movie, so the backdrop is shown in full, like the episodes screen in tvseries, would be great to choose between backdrop+cover and just backdrop in the settings.

There is an option on the skin settings screen where you can enable the auto hide poster feature.
    Go to settings->skin settings->misc

Is that what you mean?
    - in series i realy like to see how many people voted for a series or an episode, this is supported by tvseries.

will look at this.

not sure what you mean...You don`t see the rating points on movie details?
    - last but not least i saw that in e.g. tvseries series overview (listview) at the bottom, where the infos are (name, rating, summary) these infos are not aligned to the left of the screen, there is a gap. maybe there is supposed to be something but not showing for me, or its a placeholder, but if not, i think it looks better if the infos are aligned to the left, which gives us more space for the infos. :)

the now playing overlay is placed on the left.

erotomania

Portal Member
    December 27, 2010
    izmir
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Re: Avalon 0.9.1.190 Beta ***10-06-11*** for MP 1.2.x

Any suggestion for ı,İ,ğ,Ğ,ş,Ş character please? When a text that includes these chars font changing?

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: Avalon 0.9.1.190 Beta ***10-06-11*** for MP 1.2.x

There is an option on the skin settings screen where you can enable the auto hide poster feature.
    Go to settings->skin settings->misc

Is that what you mean?

Looks like this could be what i mean yes, but it doesnt change anything for me, poster (cover) is still there. maybe not done yet? but apart from that, i realy think that centered backdrop would look better ;).

not sure what you mean...You don`t see the rating points on movie details?
    Well i see them in details, if i press enter on a movie yeah, but i dont see them in listview, maybe thats how you guys want it, just thought u forgot it or something like that. would realy like to seeit in listview :).

the now playing overlay is placed on the left.

yeah i guessed so, but the space left of the infos in e.g. episode view isnt realy big enough, also i think that this space should be used for showing the infos. i did a little paintjob to what i think would be best :).
    first picture how it is now, second how i think would be better, giving more space for infos. same ofc in movies etc.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
      Unbenannt.jpg
      215.7 KB
    • Unbenannt1.jpg
      Unbenannt1.jpg
      186.3 KB

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Very very great work!

All is very fine, but I think that the size of the font in TV-Guide could be a little bit greater ;)

And I found a little bug:
    If you have a video playing and go to home menu and then pressing pause you have the pause symbol at a very strange location...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom