Avalon 0.9.7.0 Beta ***13-11-11*** for MP 1.2.x (Original Thread) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandanus

Portal Member
October 24, 2011
Re: Avalon 0.9.6.1 Beta ***22-10-11*** for MP 1.2.x

I just changed my skin from X-Factor and wow, this skin is good. IMO it's the best skin I've seen on Mediaportal and better than all of the skins I tried on XBMC the last time I set that up.

That said, I have a few issues:

- The TV Guide doesn't work when you initially open it, it looks like the data isn't set correctly. If you then go to the TV screen and turn on the TV the mini-guide appears and after that the main guide gets it's data correctly. I use 4TR and I believe this problem only started after I changed the TV Guide to 10 rows. I'll get you some logs for this issue when I get home.

- On the TV Guide I really miss having the program information displayed on the guide. Often the program title alone isn't enough to make a decision about the program and having to bring up the menu to get more detail is a bit of a pain. It looks to me like there is enough room at the bottom of the screen for a few lines of text so if an option could be added to have this information displayed that would be awesome.

- The setting for hiding the RSS feed doesn't seem to save, I have to reset it every time I launch MP.

- Fan Art on the home screen doesn't work properly for me. On Series it appears sometimes, but on other sections I get nothing. Inside MovingPictures and TV Series it works as expected. I've used fan art before in X-Factor so I'm reasonably sure I've got it all setup correctly. Is there a trick I'm missing?

As I mentioned, I'll get some logs up tonight. Otherwise I have to say that this skin is pretty much perfect. Amazing work! Thanks.

(Tested with Avalon 0.9.6.1 Beta on MP 1.2.1)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi great skinners

Found weird bug, start tv recording from latest recording on home page, info button then shows up blank.

13-42-57.png13-43-28.png

Same recording entered from the recordings screen works fine, btw I am a ftr user so be aware ;)

13-44-25.png

:D

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Avalon 0.9.6.0 Beta ***20-10-11*** for MP 1.2.x

Just a small observation that might have already been addressed; but I've noticed that when TV Series or Moving Pictures displays the fan art next to the menu it gets covered up my the menu itself. Would it be possible to center or scale the fanart image to fit in that window?

Here's what I'm talking about:

233456.png

See how half the image gets cut off? It's an issue when you get half a face, etc.

^Still happening.

Also, another thing I've noticed is that when I makes changes in the Avalon config and then click save, it's reverting back to the original. For example: if I change the title of a link in the home screen, click save, an then reload MP; the menu is the same as it was before. I only starting noticing this after this latest update.

Thanks for this skin. It has quickly become my favorite. The attention to detail is amazing!! :D

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

I think this is down to the layout of the fanart - not a skin thing.
    Most fanart focusses on the central part of the screen, not the left side - this is the problem.
    Scaling stuff would just cause distortion of the image as the view port is not in the widescreen aspect - it's more square than that.
    If this is the case it cannot be fixed without a redesign of the homepage.

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Avalon 0.9.6.1 Beta ***22-10-11*** for MP 1.2.x

I can't update to the latest version.

In my MePo the download bar is at 100% but nothing happens (I waited for 30 min ;) )

Does anybody have the same issue?

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country

Most fanart focusses on the central part of the screen, not the left side - this is the problem.
    Scaling stuff would just cause distortion of the image as the view port is not in the widescreen aspect - it's more square than that.

It's no biggie. It's mostly due to my obsessive compulsive type personality!

Of course that brings me to my other issue. I was trying to turn off the fan art option for this menu option. That's when I found I couldn't save the avalon menu settings via the config.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

It's no biggie. It's mostly due to my obsessive compulsive type personality!

Of course that brings me to my other issue. I was trying to turn off the fan art option for this menu option. That's when I found I couldn't save the avalon menu settings via the config.

I believe the fanart on the home page is handled by BasicHome.FanartHandler.xml set all the x coordinates to -500 or something like that and you might get the effect you are looking for.

is it possible to hide the Shutdown/Exit/Restart menu in the Basic Home? Cant see anything in the editor, and would rather not hack the XML (as i dont want to break future updates).

If you mean the menu image it is a skin setting under skin settings/miscellaneous.

I am not in front of the PC now, so cant test, but won't that hide the menu image everywhere in the skin, yet the menu still works?

I just want to remove the Shutdown/Restart/Exit menu on the basic home. I don't want users to be able to perform any of those functions.

:D

If the visual part is not a problem then the easiest way is to open BasicHome.exitmenu.xml and set the three place where you see <action>**</action> set it to 0 instead of 99, 98 and 97. The BasicHome.exitmenu.xml file doesn't get updated often and if it does then changing three numbers to 0 is easy enough.
    The menu is not disabled and pops out but the buttons do nothing and this doesn't seem to break the home page.

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Avalon 0.9.6.1 Beta ***22-10-11*** for MP 1.2.x

Did you click "update" before you saved the config as described here?

chrisworkman

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2009
    Ohio
    Home Country

I believe the fanart on the home page is handled by BasicHome.FanartHandler.xml set all the x coordinates to -500 or something like that and you might get the effect you are looking for.

Thanks! It's perfect now. I think this should be included in the skin.

222650.png

Before all you could see was the the very end of the ship. Others were cutting off people's faces, etc. Now everything seems more "natural".

Did you click "update" before you saved the config as described here?

I was editing 4 or 5 diff menu entires. But to answer your question, no I hadn't...at least not for that particular one.

I bow to your greatness.

tig3r025

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2008
    Ljubljana
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Re: AW: Re: Avalon 0.9.5.431 Beta ***03-09-11*** for MP 1.2.x

Hi Avalon team,

will be nice when you will support following plugins :)
    - HTPCInfo
    - MyEmulators
    - Browse the Web
    - MyVideoReDo

Greets
    Commander

MyEmulators is definitely missing :) Otherwise this is best skin all around!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom