Avalon 1.0 & BBC weather plugin (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
Has v1.0 of Avalon completely killed the bbc weather plugin for anyone else? I now get blank weather reports at the bottom and a missing icon in the top right hand corner? The plugin itself still works if selected in homescreen btw.

avalon10.jpg

Logs attached

TIA

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you updated to Avalon 1.0, thought there would be a problem as now supports worldweather by default.

But saying that, had this before and deleting catched files cleaared it, sadly I did both bbcweather and skin, so not sure which one solved it.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Took the plunge and updated to Avalon 1.0, as I feared BBCWeather stops being displayed, worldweather plugin now written by default into homescreen, and no way round it that I have found so far :(

Reinstalled 0790 and BBCWeather + 4TRIcons, deleted cache again, reset BBCWeather as default in Avalon config and now all good again.

Boy is the weather a real pain in the ass

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    Took the plunge and updated to Avalon 1.0, as I feared BBCWeather stops being displayed, worldweather plugin now written by default into homescreen, and no way round it that I have found so far :(

Reinstalled 0790 and BBCWeather + 4TRIcons, deleted cache again, reset BBCWeather as default in Avalon config and now all good again.

Boy is the weather a real pain in the ass

Yeah youre right, the worldweather plugin is written into the homescreen by default by the looks.

:rolleyes:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi,

So is there a way of using Avalon 1.0 and BBC Weather?? I had a clean first install of Avalon 1.0, added the three files from the post in the community mods forum and all that happened was no wether in top right corner, just #worldweather simply changed to #infoservice.. Also no weather on bottom of home page for either still. The weather page doesn't load either it just dumps me back to basic home screen main menu.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Use the editor, remove Weather and update, now add BBCWeather (I changed name to just Weather) add default weather background and update\save.

You should now have weather on basichome, needs infoservice\weather enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom