Avalon 1.0 & BBC weather plugin (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey thatnks for the reply. So I didn't have infoservice enabled, which obviously stopped it working :)

I've done as you have said, enabled infoservice and also enabled weather within the plugin. However I now just get N/A in both the clock weather and the days on the home screen weather with no icons. Selecting weather from the home screen menu dumps me back into the main menu again. I have my city selected in Mediaportals standard weather config screen. I have also tried deleting the Avalon cache folder. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    It could be that your area isnt covered by the bbc weather service. I had this when i tried setting it to Portsmouth but i got N/A and no weather icons. I changed the location to Winchester and it worked fine. Try other areas near you and see if you can get it working that way.

Note that im running the previous version of Avalon though. BBC weather is the reason im not going to bother updating to V1.0

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi thanks for the suggestion.. I changed my location (in MePo's main weather config area) to 'Nottingham'.. obviously a main UK City and it still gives me N/A and no icons.

I don't know if its unrelated or not but my recently added for TVSeries and MovingPictures in the homesreen also show blank even after adding new content since using the skin. All I see is 3 x 'min' in the bottom corner. Recently added works fine for recorded TV programs when hovering over the TV option?? All part of the same issue?

Thanks for the help. Dispite the issues, I'm loving the skin, so clean, I thought StreamedMP was the best thing since sliced bread till I came across this :)

EDIT: Ok so I'm not sure if its fixed or not but heres what I've done..

-Installed BBCWeather and the skin files using the extensions installer
    ..this still didn't make weather work

-Redownloaded the basichomeweather.xml from this post (the mod for larger window in basichome screen) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/avalon-553/avalon-community-mods-103097/index3.html#post818855
    ..I now have weather along the bottom of my homescreen but not by the clock. The link to weather in the homescreen still just dumps me back to the homescreen.

What I don't really understand is if I am actually using BBCWeather or not now? Confused.

EDIT2: Yep its not pulling from BBC Weather. I'm giving up before I break something :/

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Now Nico is back :) can we get the BBC weather skin files committed to Avalon GIT rather than relying on the plugin to supply them?

Thanks,

Mark

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Avalon 1.0 & BBC weather plugin

Hi,

Now Nico is back :) can we get the BBC weather skin files committed to Avalon GIT rather than relying on the plugin to supply them?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

i will provide an option in the skin settings to use the infoservice properties instead of WorldWeather. So you can choose which weather data to be displayed.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: Avalon 1.0 & BBC weather plugin

Hi,

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

i will provide an option in the skin settings to use the infoservice properties instead of WorldWeather. So you can choose which weather data to be displayed.

Thanks for this. What about also including the skin files for these plugins? I don't think BBC weather is there, and WorldWeather is a little broken.

Mark

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Yeah BBC weather is just a community mod at the mo and I never even got that working dispite this thread. Hopefully the whole lot will be included :p

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Avalon 1.0 & BBC weather plugin

Hi,

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this. What about also including the skin files for these plugins? I don't think BBC weather is there, and WorldWeather is a little broken.

Mark

sure, i can add the plugin skin files. I will also fix the WorldWeather files to work with the latest release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom