[confirm] AverMedia AVerTV Hybrid Volar MAX H826 does not tune ATSC channels (1 Viewer)

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's not TVServer since all other cards work fine.
    There is a potential that we need to do something different for teh AverMedia card however.
    What is the last tv.log entry before the BSOD?

DMAN

caveman69

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here is tv.log for the generic provider (fresh MP rev25080 install on Vista Business 32 SP2).

The log was created right before BSOD. I restarted the computer and uploaded the log immediately after the BSOD.

No error log files were created during the BSOD. BSOD named BdaSup.SYS as the cause of the error.

I am also attaching the graph file created by MP before BSOD - you can see that Microsoft Network Provider was connected to the tuner.

Attachments

• AVerMedia H826 Hybrid TV BDA Tuner - ATSC Graph.rar
      30.8 KB

caveman69

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Dman,

Any luck with the last logs I have uploaded? Is there anything else I can do to help?

Thanks!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi caveman69,

Sorry I have been run raggered with work & family.
    This is going to be hard to fix via the forum & probably remotely.
    We have to try and determine the root cause for these particular cards when graph building / running which will require a debug build & alot of speculating etc etc

I there anyway to get a card from you / AverMedia ?

DMAN

caveman69

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Dman,

Please PM me your shipping address. I will check how much it will cost to ship my card to you from the US West coast. I have only one card, so I will need it back... It may be cheaper for me just to buy a different card that works.

Also, you may try to contact this guy at AverMedia - he was very responsive at the Green Button forums:

beta@aver.com
    Felix Kolotinsky
    Product Manager
    AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.

AVerMedia released AVerTV Hybrid Volar Max (Analog/ATSC/QAM), QAM ready in VMC/MCE - The Green Button

He might send you a sample card - who knows, may be they are interested to support MP.

Thanks!

caveman69

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Dman,

I got response from AverMedia:

“ATSC Network Provider” only work under Windows XP. Regarding “ATSC channel not found” issue, we suspect the filter graph creation is failed. Please use “Generic Network Provider” and check filter graph first.

We never see BSOD of bdasup.sys on H826. We have some suggestions as follows:

1. Please try the same programming with another ATSC/QAM TV tuner card.

2. Send us the source code snap about tuning frequency. We could review it and provide the suggestion.

3. Send us MediaPortal application. We could check this issue at our site.

I already sent them link to MP source code and installer. If you can send the portion of the code that deals with tuning, please PM me and I will give you the email of the person dealing with it at AverMedia.

:D

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    caveman69,

The main graph building stuff is here...

\MediaPortalTrunk\TvEngine3\TVLibrary\TVLibrary\Implementations\DVB\Graphs\TvCardDvbBase.cs
    & here. for ATSC
    \MediaPortalTrunk\TvEngine3\TVLibrary\TVLibrary\Implementations\DVB\Graphs\ATSC\TvCardATSC.cs

DMAN

caveman69

Portal Member
    November 20, 2007
    Home Country

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    Since you asked...

I don't have much to say but did notice a file on the Aver site concatinated w/underscores:

H826_
    MCS.1.7.5.09082104_
    Drv_2.0.x.124(XP_Vista)_
    2.0.x.121(Win7)_
    SWEncoder_3.0.1.6_
    AVIN_2.0.8.0.exe​

This may be helpful - or have you already been using this 61 MB download on your Vista OS? They also have other downloads supporting Windows MCE for various OS's. Just my gut feel but try to stick with the Generic Network provider. I'm running Win-7 Premium which is (somewhat) similar to Vista. I'd noticed on my ATi 650 Combo USB that there were times I had a difficult time getting it recognized, or should I say RE-recognized by the OS once MP would send it funny inquiries - or so that's how I think about it... whether it was MP getting its flags/settings askew, or something in the USB tuner, I found I would need to cycle (external) power and disconnect the USB before the OS was good. And, if the OS wasn't recognizing it, neither could TV-Server! So... go slow and try to assure the tuner is checking into the Device Manager as it should.

As the others stated, disable the analog tuner in TV-Server. Also, disable all radio tuners and the IPTV (???) that shows up in the default MP 1.1.0.0 RC2. These components just clog up the logs.

I don't think this is relavent to your tuning, but later it will be - go to this thread where I point to where I downloaded a TVLibrary.dll which fixes retuning of ATSC channels. Oh, you'll read about using ResetGraph under the DebugOptions but this dll will do the trick, instead, and it should be included in RC3 when released.

In summary, get your driver current, verify the tuner is accessible in the TV-Server -- OH, sometimes you have to click the OK button and close/re-enter TV-Server a couple o' times before a tuner is recognized! It also wouldn't hurt to reboot your system before you press on... You could also use Manual Control to STOP Services, wait 30 seconds, START Services before trying to scan channels! How is your antenna? OTA, right? And, you don't have any other applications trying to attach themselves to your tuner, right? Do these things and post your logs... What ZIP code are you in, what channels do you anticipate being able to tune... can other tuners/TVs tune them with the antenna you're using? Of course, you said this was all working under XP, right?

BTW, the OP said he's using Vista BUSINESS 32 SP2, would this inhibit any media-support, or leave him without some files/drivers in the media arena?

Finally, I found it curious that in your first post the tv.log stated:

2010-03-11 21:30:46.621179 [(6)]: Detecting Cards
    2010-03-11 21:30:46.636179 [(6)]: Detected IP TV Card 0
    2010-03-11 21:30:46.661179 [(6)]: Found card:avermedia h826 hybrid tv bda tuner
    2010-03-11 21:30:46.668679 [(6)]: Detected DVB card:avermedia h826 hybrid tv bda tuner
    2010-03-11 21:30:46.671179 [(6)]: Detecting type by MSNP 0: 0dad2fdd-5fd7-11d3-8f50-00c04f7971e2
    2010-03-11 21:30:46.673679 [(6)]: Detected ATSC* card:avermedia h826 hybrid tv bda tuner​
    yet the .xml file you provided failed to identify (your hardware as) the BDA tuner. As well, the type's number is not included in the .xml file either. Maybe I'm missing the connection here, but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom