MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

Is there anybody out there with an Avermedia M103 hybrid DVB/T/PAL/SECAM/NTSC/FM card? I have just bought a laptop with such a card built-in and i was hoping to get this card going in an alternative MCE program.

I have built a graph-file and tried to implement this in the capture card file (XML). But it doesn't seem to receive any analog or digital signals. What am I doing wrong?

greetings from holland
    Marcel

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello dman,

I haven't tried a CVS version of mediaportal but I searched the CVS changelog and I only found support for the AVerMedia ODM M104 and not the M103. The M104 is an analog tv card while my card is a hybrid card. And now I'm confused.

I only need some confirmation that the latest CVS version works for this card. I would be very happy if so. :D

Marcel

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Looking at the information for M103, it looks like that MP will only support the DVB-T portion as the analogue part relies on a software encoder. The M115 is a proper DVB-T and hardware analogue solution but being inbuilt you wouldnt have had a choice.

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried te make a graph with graphedit for the DVB-T secion of the card. I choose the filters and rendered the pins. The program made a nice block schema.
    And after this I tried to alter the capture card definitions by myself. I copied the filter names and I added the pins.

The set-up program finds, of course, the right name but when I tried to select the card, the program says can't make graph. :( I must be doing something very wrong but I do not know what

Marcel

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, my mistake - email me the details.
    Also post you MediaPortal.log after try to get the card to work.
    If you're on RC1 then upgrade to CVS

DMAN

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Dman

I have sent you the details on your hotmail account :) . I have one more question. I see in the capturecarddefinition.xml several analog tv tuner card mentioned. Is it possible that MP will accept the analog part of my card as well? Or in the near future? I know it encodes by software compression... :roll:

http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_odm_M103.asp

Marcel

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Dman,

Thanks alot!!! It works :D .

greetz, marcel

Just add the next lines to the capture cards definitions.xml and the card works in MP!

<capturecard commercialname="AVerMedia ODM 103" capturename="AVerMedia BDA Digital Capture" devid="ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_f6361461&amp;rev_d1">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="true"></capabilities>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="networkprovider" name="Microsoft DVBT Network Provider" checkdevice="false"></filter>
    <filter cat="tunerdevice" name="AVerMedia BDA DVBT Tuner" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    <filter cat="capture" name="AVerMedia BDA Digital Capture" checkdevice="true"></filter>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="networkprovider" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="tunerdevice" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    <connection sourcefilter="tunerdevice" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"></connection>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>
    </capturecards>[/img]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom