Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi SpudR,

Please use the atteched mytvhomeserver.xml file found a couple of posts back and see if it helps ;)

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Version 0.2 is now available from first post. If you have an issue that you already have reported but that is not fixed in this version, please let me know (I do know about the outstanding text alignment issues and will try to fix them or report them as MP bugs).

best regards
    cul8er

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Cul8er - your fix file fixes my issue :)
    Just a couple of minor things now:
    * The little TV preview box in the TV guide has disappeared
    * In the settings section there are two options - timeshift buffer usage mode and timeshift buffer - Timeshift buffer usage mode seems to do nothing and Timeshift buffer just returns me to the TV settings selection on the right?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Version 0.2 is now available from first post. If you have an issue that you already have reported but that is not fixed in this version, please let me know (I do know about the outstanding text alignment issues and will try to fix them or report them as MP bugs).

best regards
    cul8er

Not sure what's going on, but I just turned off a couple of the menu groups on my Basic Home (Active ones are #1, #2, #5, #6) and that gives me a hole in the middle of the basic screen and I can't jump from #2 -> #5 but have to go from #1 -> #6. I guess I was being overly optimistic that this would work that easy. :oops:

Ideally, turning off one menu would move the other closer together, but the menu's not programmed to behave like that now, is it? :D

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

No, sorry ;) You can use 1 or 1 and 2 or 1,2 and 3 and so on but next version of the editor will prevent you from doing what you describe 1,2,5 and 6. No holes allowed ;)

cheers
    cul8er

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There go my plans for getting some work done this morning! :D After some quick testing I've got to say that the skin is looking even better than before! (shame about the blue text though lol :D ) The new video now playing overlay looks great (plus lots of other things) :)

I've checked the things I pointed out earlier and have deleted them from the following list if they've been fixed or changed. New comments are in blue:

1. Weather screen:
    - 5 day forecast menu overlays the weather info.

2. BasicHome:
    - Latest Pics: Can't arrow over to the pics to select them - is it possible to add this? (Note: somehow my "latest pics" info has corrupted, the top image is blank (just the overlay showing) but the next 2 pics are OK -this happened while still testing Backdrop V1. Any ideas on how to fix this?)

- Latest TV recordings: Don't show until the right arrow is clicked and the "sub menu" disappears, this is different to how Music and Pics acts, is it meant to be. I like the fact that you can arrow back to the sub menu now for music and movies , nice work! but I think these sub menus should stay visible while the "latest" info is selected since arrowing left takes you back to the sub menu.. just my opinion..) )

- I'm still getting a black background quite often I will look into this more and try to work out if there is a pattern going on (no fanart showing). Pictures fanart is working now.

- New: Music Now Playing overlay: Was working on the BasicHome screen, I went to take a look at all of the views in MyPics (lookin' good :)), came back to BasicHome, the Now Playing overlay isn't working - none of it (i.e. no text or image) BUT if I then go into MyMusic, then back to BasicHome the overlay is there again --> go back to MyPics, then to BasicHome and it's gone again :mad:

- I like the way the menu disappears after a few seconds, personally I would like the time and weather info to disappear too, or fade out. My wife has a bad habit of leaving my 50" TV on when it's doing nothing is on :mad: and I'm paranoid about screen burn in...

- FEATURE REQUEST - on my current setup I have a screensaver which scrolls through my picture database after say 5 mins of inactivity. I've also added a button to the Now Playing screen so that once music is playing I can hit it and the screensaver is activated. Can Fanart be used to do the same sort of thing? The biggest problem I see right now is that I would have to keep manually populating the fanart pics database to keep it up to date plus that database would get huge - is there another way this could be done (or am I the only one that wants this? :D )

My following comments with regard to the menu (in particular the filmstrip and coverflow views) are fixed/look good in Moving Pics but not on any other screens as yet (as far as I can tell after a real quick look)
    When changing the view there are 3 different actions going on:
    - select list - the list view only appears when you "arrow off" the menu
    - select either of the icon views and the selected view appears (even though the menu is still visible) THIS IS BEST (imho)
    - select either filmstrip or coverflow and the view appears but immediately disappears behind the menu then reappears when you "arrow off" the menu

Keep up the great work!!

Bleazle

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

It has been reported in the FanartHandler thread that backdrops in basichome have the wrong aspect ratio. I will fix this in next version of Backdrop.

Or if you do not want to wait download the attached file, extract it and replace the BackdropMenuEditor.dll in your plugins\process directory. Then open MP Configuration and generate a new basichome.xml using the Backdrop Menu Editor.

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• BackdropMenuEditor.rar
      36.6 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's funny, I just noticed that everyone looked a bit tall. :D

I have an issue with the Basic Home menu:
    (I've just made myself a Basic Home that I like using only #3 and #4 (getting them centered).
    When I have #3 open and move up to one of the options in it then press right to go to #4, the only thing that happens is that the #3 menu pops down (if any Latest items overlays are showing they stay). I then have to press right two more times. The first of these presses brings the #3 menu back up (with no item selected) and the next press moves over to #4. If I try the same thing going from right to left the #3 menu pops up straight away (as expected) even if there's a Latest item showing.

I hope this description isn't too complicated.

On another note, I have Latest recordings activated for TV, but no recordings are available. Is it possible to add a condition so the label doesn't pop up without any thumbs/episodes available?

Time for bed quick edit:
    Would it be possible to use only six items (turning off the vertical menus completely)? Just adding a checkbox "No sub-menus" to the editor, and when you've added the first item to a menu, the >> button becomes grayed out. This (I think) would please the minimalist users.

Example

Menu #1
    TV-SERIES (Title)
    tvseries.xml

Thanks
    Emph

Last ones for tonight:

In Music Now Playing with visualization enabled, the ARTIST, ALBUM, etc labels sit too close to the visualization box (as the album cover uses a thumb mask and the visualization does not). The visualization box almost overlaps the labels.

In Settings you still have the Guide referenced (removed from MediaPortal in 1.2 beta) and it leads nowhere. "About Backdrop" also leads nowhere.

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Can you please attach your basichome.xml and your BackdropMenuEditor.xml so that I can investigate as I cannot reproduce it here.

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom