Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,

Thanks! The BackdropMenuEditor.xml is located in the mediaportal data directory (where mediaportal.xml is and the skin folder is).

best regards
cul8er

Attached :)

Hi,

About the weather thing, to me the screenshot looks like I intended. What is it that you would like changed?

best regards
cul8er

I don't think the way the menu overlays the five day forecast doesn't look right (imho) - is it possible to move it to the right and maybe remove the "Weather Forecast" box when the menu is up?

Hi,

About the tvrecordings. Are you using 4TR or MP? If using 4TR, what version do you use?

Can you please also attach your common.basichome.latest.xml file?

Many questions ;)

best regards
cul8er

I use 4TR but it is not installed on my test setup at the moment (nor is TVServer). File is attached.

Hi,

A question about the music backdrop that is missing. You have configured to show fanart from the "Thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\music" folder. Do you have jpg images in that folder? Or did you intend to use the music images that has been scraped by FH?

best regards
cul8er

That was the default folder setting, I hadn't even looked at it, I have changed it to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\music. Looks good so far :) I'll let you know if anything changes.

Any ideas on how I can fix the "latest pictures" missing picture? It's not real important on this test setup so if it's a problem don't worry about it :)

Regards

Bleazle

Attachments

• 4-05-2011 7-22-12 a.m..jpg
    4-05-2011 7-22-12 a.m..jpg
    169.3 KB
  • BasicHome.xml
    87.2 KB
  • BackdropMenuEditor.xml
    6.9 KB
  • common.basichome.latest.xml
    65.8 KB

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Just a quickie - there appears to be no overlays in the Radio section, though the text still appears (it's a light colour on a light background)

Also - will there be SVN access to the code in GoogleCode??

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi SpudR,

Radio is not yet skinned, will be in a week. Please see first post for supported plugins.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Version 0.3 is now available from first post.

Changes since last version;
    • TVHome remade to display larger TV (thanks to donkarlos for the suggestion)
    • Removed invalid entries in settings (thanks to SpudR and emphatic).
    • Menu editor now has the option to center menues (if not checked it will left align as before) - (thanks to emphatic for the suggestion)
    • Menu editor now has the option to hide clock and weather on idle (thanks to Bleazle for the suggestion)
    • Weather info is hidden when menu is in focus (thanks to Bleazle for the "bug" report)
    • Latest TVRecordings are not displayed if not available (thanks to Bleazle and emphatic for the "bug" report)
    • Overlays are now displayed as they should, was not visible after returning from some screens before (thanks to Bleazle for the "bug" report)
    • Have changed animations on the plugins menues so they work more similar, more than this is not possible because some changes exist in the different MP plugins (thanks to Bleazle for the "bug" report)
    • Text in scorecenter more visible (thanks to Helios61 for reporting)
    • Wrong aspect ratio on fanart in basichome as reported by many, many users ;)
    • In Music Now Playing with visualization enabled, the ARTIST, ALBUM, etc labels was too close to the visualization box (thanks to emphatic for the bug report)
    • Disabling a Menu wasn't saved when the Basic Home editor was closed (thanks to emphatic for the bug report)
    • and some other small enhancements ;)

I know I have received more input but this was all I had time for in this release. Keep sending feedback, what wasn't included this time is on my list and may be included in next version).

best regards
    cul8er

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I wish I wasn't so tired (it's after midnight here and I've had a few late ones recently) I want to go and test this! I guess I shouldn't have had those beers while watching TV after all :D I can't believe how quickly you get around to sorting all of this stuff out, it's VERY impressive! Hopefully I'll get a chance to take a look before I start work in the morning :D

:D

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    cul8ter: Thanks again for this great skin.

May I pose a small recommendation: The animation in the main menu jumps each item up & down as a kine of cartoonish breaking animation. For my taste that is overdone. I would prefer reducing or removing the animation. Backdrop is a very smooth skin where all items are "background" to the fanart, so the menu should not "jump into your face".

Just my 2 cts.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

Hi cul8er!

Maybe i am doing something wrong, but i am a little bit confused about the menu editor. For example: If i untick "Menu 3", "Menu4" and "Menu 5" and "Menu 6" are greyed out, i can not edit them! Furthermore for me it ist not possible to rename items, e.g. if i rename "Weather Forecast" into german "Wetterbericht", it will not be taken over!

best regards

Helios

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi cul8er

Just upgraded to your latest version. :D

One more problem picked up by the government (wife ;) )
    Using 4TR - there is no color diff between watched and unwatched recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom