Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (2 Viewers)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi rekenaar,

Thank you for your feedback.

4TR recorded TV - it seems that there is a small small difference between watched and unwatched recordings but almost unnoticeable.
    Sorry, I forgot this one. Will fix and post a fix very soon.

TVSeries - in the list of eposides, when pausing on an episode, the view is flipped to show the episode description in stead op episodes. Great so far. Problem is, after watching an episode, when it ends and returning to the list, the list is only visible for a fraction of a second before it is flipped to description-view. Can there also be a delay like when normally scrolling the list?
    I will investigate if this is possible and get back to you.

best regards
    cul8er

sanderson

Portal Member
    November 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great skin! it's my new favorite.

One quick question, with my not so great eyesight (getting old sucks), I have a hard time distinguishing between the white and light blue color for watched and unwatched.

Any way to change the color settings? I remember long ago when I first started using streamedmp you could manually edit some files to accomplish this. Can the same be done with backdrop?

Thanks for your great work.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    great skin! It's my new favorite.

One quick question, with my not so great eyesight (getting old sucks), i have a hard time distinguishing between the white and light blue color for watched and unwatched.

+1

the colors for watched status in moving pictures are the opposite of the ones in tv series

+1

I also noticed that the infoservice RSS feed in the home screen isn't scrolling anymore!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi sanderson,

Thank for your feedback. What do you mean by no volume OSD. Is this when playing a movie or tv? I have volume OSD when playing movies or tv here. Located at the top of the screen. Do anyone else have this problem?

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Would it be possible to have a view for tv series / moving pictures that shows the info for the media without having to select it? Like xfactor
    I have thought about this one more time and I think I will implement this in next version ;)

cheers
    cul8er

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @cul8er: Thanks for another release to test :D

I've had a quick look and here's what I've noticed:

-Weather 5 day forecast is still "broken" - no wheather information appears now :( It was OK in version 1, the only problem was that the menu overlaid the information slightly, but now no information shows when the menu is showing :mad:

- MyPics: I like the full definition pics in the background (Filmstrip & Coverflow views) but they take too long to load (about 3 seconds) and when they load the Coverflow menu "jumps" for some reason. This could just be my test system but it's a Core2 Duo so it should have enough power to show a few pics...

- Music - When I first go into Music the "genre" lable shows as #AlbumInfo.Genre - doesn't go away until I scroll onto a song title - I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case previously?

I've had a few issues with MP jamming up a bit but that could just be my test setup - I'm pretty close to trying MP1.2 and Backdrop on my live HTPC... :D

Great work :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Bleazle,

Thanks for your feedback.

-Weather 5 day forecast is still "broken"
    This is how I want it to work ;) It is consistent with other screens where views and information are hidden when the menu is activated. Sorry that you do not like it. Perhaps someone will post a mod for it...

MyPics: I like the full definition pics in the background (Filmstrip & Coverflow views) but they take too long to load (about 3 seconds) and when they load the Coverflow menu "jumps" for some reason.
    I will look into this but currently I don't see this behavior on my system. Will try again.

Music - When I first go into Music the "genre" lable shows as #AlbumInfo.Genre
    This is a MP bug and I think and hope it will be fixed for MP1.2 RC

Thanks for helping to improve the skin with all your feedback, much appreciated.

best regards
    cul8er

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ScreenSaver Setup

@CypherMK (and anyone else using Backdrop who wants a screensaver that uses pics)

I've added a "Screen Saver" button to the "NowPlaying" screen (it's hidden unless the plugin is enabled).

How to setup the screensaver:

1. Download Nostalgic and follow the installation instructions from that website (very easy)

2. Download the Multishortcut plugin - MP 1.2b compatible version below.

3. Install the plugin as per the instructions included. Make sure you rename the MultiShortcut00.dll file to ScreenSaver.dll. THEN run DLLFix.exe (as per the install instructions)

4. Open MP Config -> Plugins, setup the ScreenSaver plugin as per the attached screenshot. Make sure the Plugin ID is 3876111

Note: The Exefile path shown is for Vista; for W7 it will be in the SysWOW directory (so obviously you need to make sure you know the path to Nostalgic.exe)

5. Drop the attached MyMusicPlayingNow.xml file into the Backdrop directory (over write the existing file - make a backup copy of that file first just to be safe :) )

5. Open MP - Play a song - go to the Now Playing Screen, open the menu, select "Screen Saver" (I didn't use a skin translation for this label because there probably isn't one - open the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml file and edit "Screen Saver" if you don't want it in English)

If you've done everything correctly you should have a screen saver with random pics :)

Attachments

• 19-05-2011 8-18-58 p.m..jpg
      19-05-2011 8-18-58 p.m..jpg
      122.6 KB
    • MultiShortcut_for MP1.2b.zip
      1.2 MB
    • MyMusicPlayingNow.xml
      35 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom