Background Image Pack (1 Viewer)

JamesClem

Portal Member
June 19, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been looking around for an image pack to change the background images on MediaPortal, namely the series and movies screen as they are the two I use the most.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I had a search and couldn't find anything.

Many thanks,

James

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
Hi all,

I have been looking around for an image pack to change the background images on MediaPortal, namely the series and movies screen as they are the two I use the most.

Apologies if this has already been posted, I had a search and couldn't find anything.

Many thanks,

James

Hi,

We do not produce an image pack for backgrounds, though is an idea. If you have not already done so check out Home Theatre Backdrops  / Home and copy the ones you like into folders in ..\StreamedMP\Media\Amimations\ and the select them from the Editor.

thx

JamesClem

Portal Member
June 19, 2009
Home Country
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the link, i'll check it out.

It seems like there is a facility in StreamedMP a bit like when you can download the splashscreen pack.

I was just getting a bit bored of Dexter grinning at me ;)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Personally I think a generic TV/Movie and music background would be a better option to use as default.

I'm sure there are many people who don't know how to change the backgrounds or how/where to add there own ones and are stuck with dexter, Wall-e and that bird on the music one whoever she is despite not having any of them on their system.

Maybe you could add the option to download some from the config the same way the weather pack is done.

That way it wont increase the download size for those of us who wouldn't use it but is easy for people who do want different backdrops but don't currently know how to change them.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Personally I think a generic TV/Movie and music background would be a better option to use as default.

I'm sure there are many people who don't know how to change the backgrounds or how/where to add there own ones and are stuck with dexter, Wall-e and that bird on the music one whoever she is despite not having any of them on their system.

Maybe you could add the option to download some from the config the same way the weather pack is done.

That way it wont increase the download size for those of us who wouldn't use it but is easy for people who do want different backdrops but don't currently know how to change them.

Good points and easy enough to do, been at the back of mind for a while to have some method of adding static background images, must admit not to fond of Dexter myself but then again I use fanart hadler for most of my menus.

Will work on adding image packs.

Cheers

BTW That bird would be Katie Melua :)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ^ not a bad idea. you would have to decide between adding the images to the default directory or the fanart handler directory.

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    BTW That bird would be Katie Melua :)

I actually did know that but for the last 9 months of using StreamedMP I couldn't remember it.

Like the quote btw, personally I'd have gone for this one though, always my favourite

Kryten " Sir, they've taken mister Rimmer!, They've taken mister Rimmer!!
    Cat "Well quick lets get out of here before they bring him back"

:D

BlueBomber

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Slightly off topic, but I noticed that Movies/Trailers/Videos all point to the same directory. Is it possible to separate these so I can have a different background for all?

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    Yes this is possible.

Create a folder and place your chosen background inside. (I created mine in the animations folder where all the existing backgrounds are)

Then in StreamedMP editor go to the basic home tab, click on the menu item you want to change from the list on the right then click edit, this will allow you to edit the section down the middle, click on 'browse' where it says 'single image folder' and browse to the folder you created that contains your chosen backdrop. then click save, do this for each item you want to change then click 'clear skin cache' at top then 'generate menu' and all should be done.

Alternatively you can check 'enable fanart handler for this item' which should give you random backdrops from that catagory.

Actually just realized thats the wrong way to do it for the 3 menu items you mentioned. just add the backdrops you want to the existing folders in animations then go to the default background images tab and click change on the items you want and your new images should be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom