Backup Setting - ErrorBackupFolder (1 Viewer)

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!
    I'm feeling like a complete newbie today :confused:

Since Years I'm using BackupSettings for my MP-Backups. Today I took a look at my backup directory and there I found, that that BackupSettings has stopped making backups. There is an directory <ErrorBackupFolder>

Status.txt is attached
    My question is: What ist going wrong with backup or/and where can see what has gone wrong with backup?

By the way... is it possible that there is no threat for BackupSettings ???
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...7/backupsettings-tv-server-media-portal-45715 leads to <not found>

Attachments

• Status.txt
      5.7 KB
    Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    May I ask you, how you backup MediaPortal?
    Periodically I use the "Export" facility of "TV Server" to export all of the TV settings to a file on a different physical disk (in case it is the disk containing the C: drive that fails). This has to be done manually. :(

I also copy a small number of other files that define my config, such as "MediaPortal.xml" (this contains all of the MP client settings), "Centarea HID.xml" (this contains the definitions for my Ortek/Hama remote control), plus the files for the skin that I use (because I keep modifying it :D). I do these manually, but you could write a BAT file to copy the specific files that you want to backup.

I don't use any plugins such as "TV Series" or "TV Wishlist", but I imagine that they too have config files, which would need to be backed up (you could include them in the BAT file).

I don't back up TV recordings on the HTPC, although the greater part of my "TV library" lives on a NAS which I set up with the version of RAID that preserves the data even with two failing disks.

My CD collection does reside on the HTPC in the form of FLAC files, but they are duplicated on an external USB SSD which is plugged into my streamer (so effectively already backed up).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joEhSuper @CyberSimian
    I am a long term user of Backup Settings on my HTPC so I was a bit alarmed on reading this post. I therefore installed it on the MP1 TV Service on my desktop PC where I am testing MP1,24 pre, installation was problem free and it performed a backup without any apparent errors. I have not tried the scheduler and have no experience of that as I have only ever used the manual operation, usually prior to an update etc. but that aside everything seems to be OK.
    Are you using the scheduler and if yes, how does it look if you initiate a backup manually?

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Are you using the scheduler
    Hi @joecrow
    Yes, the "ErrorBackupFolder" was created from scheduler. Meanwhile I think/hope :unsure: that I found the reason.
    It seems that the SDXC-Card on wich the Backup is created has some errors...

At the moment I'm testing - I'll report later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom