BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (5 Viewers)

Swede

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
West Coast Archipelago
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK Huha! Made a new test today with 0.0.1.2. I wasn't sure if all MP's were off last time, but now all are off.
First I make a normal export in TVserver/channels, to be sure that I can get it all back again.
Then I make an export in Backupsettings with everything checked.
As soon as that is ready I import again in Backupsettings.

Completed recordings are not imported in database (not sure if you have that implemented)

The channel mappings in xmltv are OK at first, but lost after a reboot

All schedules are back in TVserver, BUT...
At a closer look, I see that the recordings are all set to one date in the past, and not set to record every week as they were originally.

EPG is visible in MP at first but gone after a reboot.

Have to remap and import in xmltv to get EPG back
Have to use normal import in TVserver/channels to get schedules back.
Have to use Database import in TVserver/Recording settings to get completed recordings back.

Thanks again for a marvellous peace of work Huha!

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    66.6 KB
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    68.4 KB
  • Before2.jpg
    Before2.jpg
    78.2 KB
  • After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    75.2 KB

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Swede,
thanks a lot for the detailed infos and the log file. This really helps me. It was the first time i saw a DVB-T logfile.

1) The backupsetting plugin will only store "green" channels in xmltv. From your pictures I think this is exactly what is happening and the green channels are also preserved after a reboot. xmltv permanantly stores only the "green" channels in a keyword "external id", which i am using for backupsettings. The partial matches need to be confirmed by the user once. I believe you need to click at the red area and it will turn green. Then the channel is saved permanently.

2) The schedules seem to be a bug in my plugin and i will further look into it.

3) The 17 recordings are skipped because the recorded file did not exist. The log file shows an error message like
2008-12-05 10:27:45.867902 [SetupTv]: BackupSetting: Warning: Filename C:\Inspelat\manual-2008-12-02-

07_49.ts does not exist for recording manual - recording is not added to database

Did you delete the files or the directory before the import?

During export I realized an error
2008-12-05 10:21:45.745911 [SetupTv]: BackupSetting: Error: Recording for File C:\Inspelat\Weeds-2008-
12-01-22_30.ts could not be exported
This comes from the issue that you may have deleted a channel, to which the recording was assigned. This caused an exception. This is the same issue I described in my previous post. I will try to make backupsettings more robust agains it, but cannot avoid the issue if the user manually deletes a channel, to which a recording is assigned.

Swede

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
West Coast Archipelago
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Let's see, the error for C:\Inspelat\Weeds-2008-12-01-22_30.ts is probably that the file was deleted. I have tried to convince the crew that there should be an existing file check for recordings, since the easiest way to keep track of your recordings is to set a share to the recordings folder in movies config. When you delete a recording in shares view, it will still remain in database. The normal recording import does not work either. It only finds some of the recordings.

The existing recordings that were missed:
Analyze that - Analysera ännu mera-2008-11-27-21_00.ts (this was the only one found by normal recordings database import)
Oskyldigt dömd-2008-12-03-21_00.ts
Vetenskapsmagasinet-2008-12-03-21_30.ts
Gomorron Sverige, forts-....ts (new date every day)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Testversion 0.0.1.3

I have posted a test version 0.0.1.3 and do ask for help on debugging as some of the features like encrypted CAM or DISEQC Motor. I cannot directly verify.

/* Version History
* - fixed bug with schedule types not getting imported for weekely, ...
This was the bug Swede posted as 2) in his response

* - force user to delete schedules, groups,recordings if delete all channels or import new card settings is checked
I tried to avoid that a channel is deleted if a schedule is still attached. A similar issue can happen for importing new cards. In that case all channel mappings are gone and this will clean up the channels.
If a user did only use the default settings on the main tab, this issue did never show up. Only specific import settings on the Tvserver could cause it, but this should be now fixed with this version.

* - added support for import/export scanning settings for analog,dvb-c,dvb-s,dvb-t ant atsc and Diseqc motor settings
this was number 1 from the Swissbuster post

* - added support for encrypted Cams in card settings (CamType and DecryptLimit)
this was number 2 from the Swissbuster post
the card settings for CamType and DecryptLimit did get exported, but not imported.

* - added support for Media Portal MusicPlayer folder backup/restore
this was number 3 from the Swissbuster post
the folder MusicPlayer is now backed up for mediaportal and restored during import if the checkbox is activated. During import no files in the Media Portal program directory are overwritten.

Swissbuster, please let me know how those items work out for you as i have no direct way to debug and verify it.

Swede, I am not completely clear if i understand your last posting correctly. Backupsetting is doing a file existence check before importing each recording (I am doing a file existence check for all program paths during import).
If the file does not exist the recording is not imported and skipped. You will see a warning in the status window and in the log file. Are you saying that backupsetting is not importing some of the recorded files although the file did exist? if yes, please post again a log file. In your last log file 14 out of 17 recordings were skipped, because the files did not exist. So only 3 recordings should have been imported. The recording counter had a bug, which I fixed with this test version.

Greetings, huha

robby3

Portal Pro
April 9, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I had to go back from RC4 server to RC2 and used the backup plugin. Unfortunately it stopped importing due to an Error "cardid3 is not the same as in backup file" (or something like that). Not sure what have been done but afterwards RC server setting was not possible and server always got stopped. The only way to get it working again was to deinstall and reinstall RC2 again.

- Rob

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
robby3, I need the log file to look into more details. If the card id´s do not match the import is aborted. This is checked at the beginning of the import.
I experienced the same behavior as you desribed, when i manually changed the server ip address to an incorrect value. But the backupsetting plugin is not touching the server ip address.

Swede

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
West Coast Archipelago
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Sorry, No recordings were visable in MP.
When I made an import the old (not backupsettings) way, only one was found.
I meant that MP should do a file existance check when one enters My Recordings and keep the database clean.

Will test the new one... I'll be back...

robby3

Portal Pro
April 9, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
huha, I noticed that under RC4 I have a different order of the cards than with RC2. Don't ask me why, but in RC2 there is the DVB-T first, then the three DVB-S2 and the Analog one. Under RC4 the range is different. This may cause the problem.

Thanks, rob

robby3, I need the log file to look into more details. If the card id´s do not match the import is aborted. This is checked at the beginning of the import.
I experienced the same behavior as you desribed, when i manually changed the server ip address to an incorrect value. But the backupsetting plugin is not touching the server ip address.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have a problem importing channel. When it comes to import channels I get the following error:

TVChannel failed to add channel 1 name Movies24 exception Stringa non riconosciuta come valore DateTime valido

In english it means the string is not recognised as a correct DateTime value

Roby

Hi,

have tried an export with 0.0.1.0 version and a reimport with the same version but I get the same error above.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom