BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Robby3,
I have included for RC4 a new card detection mechanism, which should take care of the renaming issue. Please try the latest test version 0.0.1.3 posted above and let me know how it works.

Swede,
thanks a lot for your help and the posted log file. With that it was easy for me to find the bug.

Robyf,
I suspect you did import data which were generated by an older version of backupsetting. Please post your log file generated during import.

greetings, huha

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Robyf,
I am able to reproduce your issue. i will post a new version soon

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
0.0.1.4 version released

I did release version 0.0.1.4 and would like to thank all users who helped to identify bugs and enhancements.
With respect to the last testversion I slightly modified the card mapping algorithm. Now it should also support the import of backup data if another tv card has been added or was removed. This algorithm should resolve the changed card naming of RC4 which some users reported.
As there were a couple of bug fixes I reallly recommend to upgrade.
Also support for LNB settings and encrypted cards has been added. See the manual for more details.
This version is not compatible to previous versions, so please redo a backup with this version.
Greetings, huha

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I read the first 7 pages of this thread but didn't find the answer. I installed this plugin and ran it, and after 10 minutes or so thought it had gone wonky because it was still running. I checked the backup directory and it was up to 1.4GB!

Surely that can't be right - I only want to back up the configuration, not the entire Media Portal including all plugins, thumbnails, images, videos, and everything else.

Since the MP installer renames the current parent directory, couldn't this util simply copy over the large files from the renamed directories, rather than duplicating everything? Or was there something amiss in my config that made it go "wonky"?

Dir

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    dir, on the "MediaPortal Filter Settings" tab you can check what you want to backup. First uncheck "All mediaPortal user folders" The attached manual gives a detailed description about the settings.

Edit 12/21: Could it be that you have your timeshift or recording folder in the TV user directory? If yes, then the plugin will backup all your movies if you have the option "Tv Server Filters->TV Server User Folders" checked. Uncheck it or go to "Recording Settings-> Recording folders and make sure that the recording and timeshiftfolder are not in your MediaPortal TV Server directory

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New Version 0.0.1.5 released

I have released a new version 0.0.1.5 which contains mainly 2 bug fixes.

The Media Portal Client Backup on a host computer could have run into an endless loop, which is fixed in this version.

The "Remove Duplicate Group Members" processing had a bug, which is fixed in this version, too.
    Please note that i have put this option now as a default setting. If you do not want it you need to uncheck before exporting data.

I realized that I cannot import the LNB settings, as they get overwritten after closing Tv configuration again. So those settings will not be supported by my plugin.

As I will be out 2 weeks, I wish everyone Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year already.
    Greetings, huha

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi

Looks like a good plugin. Does it support a modified MediaPortalDirs.xml?
    For example when using a centralized database.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rekenaar, unfortunately it does not support MediaPortalDirs.txt. However, you could probably customize the scripts for postprocessing to support it for your configuration. Please check chapter 5 (User Scriptfiles) in the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom