BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
BackupSettingsMP V0.0.0.1 released

I have released a standalone Media Portal plugin BackupSettingsMP for users who do not have a Tv server installed. The plugin has the same function as the Tv server plugin, but only the Media Portal backup/restore functionality. For details please refer to the latest TV server manual. This plugin can also be used for client MP installations without a TV server.

All users with standard Tv server installation, do not use this plugin!

If you get an error message "Failed to locate assembly, Core= ..." you have copied the .dll file to the wrong location and may have mixed up the MediaPortal BackupSettings.dll and Tv Server plugin BackupSettingsMP.dll.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi huha!

Thx for the plugin.

One Question ... only to be sure

All users with standard Tv server installation, do not use this plugin!

As I understand it properly, this plugin is only for Clients in a Multiseat Setup!?
    (If TV-Server is installed on a Server)

cu

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    naich,
    this plugin should only be used by users who do not have Tv Server installed at all or for a client only installation as you mentioned. In the latter case it replaces the backup/restore function of the hostcomputer client of the Tv server plugin.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    rekenaar,
    I looked at MediaPortalDirs.xml and do plan to support it in one of the next versions. The only thing I am struggling is the naming convention. It looks like the thumbs folder is referenced to ...\Thumbs in the MediaPortalDirs.xml file, while the actual data are in ...\thumbs. I need to understand the rules for using capitol letters versus lower case letters.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Glad to hear you are looking at it.

Sorry I do not know the rules. I thought the case only matters on linux and webservers. Hopefully someone who knows will read here and help.

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    Finaly this morning, I upgraded my MP from RC4 to finale.

I used the version 0.0.1.5 to transfert my settings for the TV Server and the MP version for the clients

It was much better than the last try.

1 point still doesnt work:

The import of my channel number for DVB-C channels
    It works well for DVB-T and DVB-S

Informations are right in the xml export file

Thanks anyway It's a very very usefull tool :)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Rekenaar, i got the MediaPortalDirs.xml working and it will be included in the next version. I am planning a new update over the next weeks.
    There seems to be a bug in Media Portal with the plugin folder. The dialogs.dll cannot be moved to another location via MediaPortalsDirs.xml. If I place my plugins to another folder an error message occurs when opening MediaPortal.

mbb, can you post the part of the .xml file which is missing? I assume you are referring to the sortnumber? Please explain again the behaviour in detail.

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    ok I attach an extract file of TVsettings.xml with only my channels

all ChannelNumber are right for all channels in the file

When I import the ChannelNumber field of the table TuningDetails is filling only for ChannelType="3" or ChannelType="4"

For ChannelType="2" ChannelNumber stay 0

The ChannelNumber is using when you uncheck Select channel by index (non US) in Television Configuration of the client

Attachments

• mbb_channels.txt
      30.6 KB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mbb,
    thanks! Logical channel number, videoPID and audioPID were missing for DVB-C channel import. Will be fixed in the next version.

boombastic

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    I'm trying to use the MP-only version (no TV-Server here!).
    When i click on "Configure" the plugin ask for a file: "HelpReferences.xml".
    What should i do?Where should i find this file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom