Banner setup difficulties - Newbie Help! (1 Viewer)

monkey butle

Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Derbyshire
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All

I've got the MP-TVseries plugin (v 2.1.3321) working really nice, but i can't seem to get the banner view at all.

I've tried changing the setting on the config tool using the layout option, but every time i change the series layout / layout option from ListPosters it just resets itself on exit.

Is this the correct way to change the layout? Why is the option resetting itself?

Also, how can i change that damn test card image!

Thanks in advance.

:D

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml is where you change the layout in v2.1. This file is located in your skin directory. The reason the settings are resetting in config is because this file is overriding it.

monkey butle

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Derbyshire
    Home Country
    TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml is where you change the layout in v2.1. This file is located in your skin directory. The reason the settings are resetting in config is because this file is overriding it.

Thanks - will give it a try later.

How do i pass on "thanks" by the way - cna't see a function for it on these forums???

:D

Forget it - now i see it!!

Blimey - didn't know i needed to know how to write and edit xml in order to change the display settings!

Think i'll steer well clear for now, having zero knowledge of xml.

:(

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe it's an idea to make a checkbox in the gui if you don't want to use the skinsettings.xml? I can understand it is confusing, you have a gui to setup the plugin, but unless you chuck the tvseries.skinsettings.xml, that part of the gui is pointless. Or is the look&feel part of the gui going to go all together?

monkey butle

Portal Member
    February 2, 2009
    Derbyshire
    Home Country
    Maybe it's an idea to make a checkbox in the gui if you don't want to use the skinsettings.xml? I can understand it is confusing, you have a gui to setup the plugin, but unless you chuck the tvseries.skinsettings.xml, that part of the gui is pointless. Or is the look&feel part of the gui going to go all together?

The only thing i'm currently confused about is that my friends have all installed Media Portal and the My-TVseries around the same time, but they all seem to have TV banners by default.

I've already done a complete reinstall of MP, skins and plugins and still not seeing banners.

Is there a (simple) way of getting TV banners using the latest versions of the MP / and plugins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom