Basic Home Automation via xAP BSC enabled devices (updated 9-01-2008) (1 Viewer)

ricatti

Portal Member
March 26, 2005
shred444 try to delete the BHAAhCmdLine.dll if you don't have a cm15 device.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
shred444,

What version of MP are you using?
Also, make sure you over-write ANY existing files that are included with MP
with the ones from the zip file (Ex. xAPTransport.dll, xAPMessage.dll).

HTH,
patrick

TritonT

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I’m using the MediaPortal Basic Home Automation Plugin every day and it works great. I thought since it is running OK I’d post a few niggles.

Screenshot

1. Can’t get 2.0f working at all. I’m getting an error when I enter the configuration page. Went back to 2.0d. I’m running SVN 14949 and I did remove previous files (this is a PITA if you change SVN twice a week and have 7 MediaPortal machies to do!)
FIXED – Didn’t realise I had to delete BHAAhCmdLine.dll for it to work!

2. Can’t get the <text1Align>left</text1Align> to do anything.

3. Would like to be able to not show the device state as text (on a per device basis) as for the most part the level graphics give enough information.

4. It would be nice to be able to use the level graphics for the sensors, this would require a range setting in the plugin configuration. For example, using my temperature sensors the range I would like to apply to the level graphics is -10C is level_0 to +40C is level_10, and for my Netiom analogue the range it produces is 0 to 1023, but sometimes not all of this range is needed for the level_0 to Level_10.

5. Could the OSD screenpop be sent an icon as well as text like other screepops in MediaPortal. For example I have drawn the xAP logo as an icon matching the rest of my icon set.

6. Anyone know how to get the word ‘Automation’ added to the strings files in MediaPortal, don’t know who to ask.

7. Will Edward’s xFx v2 help longer term with the dll conflicts/overwriting.

Recently I have messing with scripts and triggers in xAP Floorplan. I have managed to get a sensor to tell xAP when my front gate has been opened, trigger the OSD in MediaPortal with the plugin, get the camera to take 3 stills 5sec apart and place them in the ‘My Pictures’ in MediaPortal! (I don’t really need ‘Crack House’ security, but a client did ask!)

Attached are the skin files for both Replicant and ReVision, they’re not perfect but they work for me. I have also attached level graphics to match the skin and a number of home automation icons (matching the UK TV and Radio set I’ve been working on) they’re a bit rough though! Please fell free to ask for additions or fixes, if it looks OK, I’ll pass it on to Psycho Reptile for inclusion in the skin.

Replicant & ReVision Skins

Please note that to get the word ‘Automation’ at the top you need to add <String id="9195">Automation</String> to your strings file in the Language folder and that I can’t check the alignment for the Dialog Box cause I don’t know how to invoke it!

This should really be core plugin at some stage. I don’t think people realise how useful and capable it is. Thanks Patrick for continuing developing it.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Hi!

1. I will see if I can work around this or see what is going wrong.
(Maybe I will just put those in a another zip file for those that need it)

2. Doh, I will see if I can find the bug.

3. I do not think this will be a problem.
The configuration dialogs are confusing as it is so
I will have to think about how to do it though.

4. I will see what I can do here.
(Again, confusing configuration.)

[EDIT]
What Display Message are you sending to the plugin? xap-osd.display or message.display?
The message.display has an image= option but it looks like the schema has changed a
little (from the xFx site version) to a version on the mi4.biz version pic= option.
I can add an image= option to the xap-osd.display parsing too.
[/EDIT]

6. Check with dman_lfc. Probably the best to ask about it.

7. I have not looked at it yet. On my list to though :)

Thanks,
patrick

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Hi All-

Uploaded v0.2g to the first post.
Note I moved the CM15A support files to their own zip file.
So if you need CM15A support you must download this seperately
from the first post in the thread.

(Thanks to TritonT for bug finding and suggestions)

v0.2g (06/30/2007)
- Fixed Label alignment not working
- Added Option to Show(or not) the State Text on per device basis
- Added Web Pic= support for the Mi4.biz display.message
- Added option Image= support to the standard xAP-OSD.Display for Tivo and Slimp3 schemas
- Added Range Setting Option for TemperatureSensor devices to allow for level image use
- Moved CM15 support files to own zip file

TritonT said:
Will Edward’s xFx v2 help longer term with the dll conflicts/overwriting.
I think it will.
Looking it seems that that the framework has been consolidated to a
single xFx.dll so hopefully this will stop conflicts with files in the MP distribution.

Thanks,
patrick

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
piranha,

I think it is because it is connected via USB instead of serial.

If it is connected to your MP box you could try the CM15A-Support-BIN-v0.2g.zip (available in the first post).

You have to install the SDK redistributable components (ahscript_setup.exe)
from the download first and then unzip the files from BHAAhCmdLine.zip to
your MP folder.
You will have to add the devices manually in the BHA configuration:
Connectors tab->select AH Command Line Controller->click Configure Connector

This BHA plugin was created for CM15A USB support but I do not think it is limited to the CM15.

HTH,
patrick

piranha

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 17, 2005
    It is a usb device, but it gives me a com port as a regular interface. Anyway.. I'll try that other solution later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom