Basic Home Automation via xAP BSC enabled devices (updated 9-01-2008) (2 Viewers)

migube

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
Thanks TritonT, interesting...
On the Xap part, the issues is I didn't found any Xap hub for the Ux openwrt or unslung firmware on wrt54g...
I played with xapmcsoneWire but at the time had issues with java versions & humidity ibuttons.

I see you have XP running, but 'd like to push the wrt54g to the limits it can deliver, with the low power consumption it gives.

Any other ideas for Linux xap connectors?
thx

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Here it is, a rc for my IRextender.

So it has a full working setup screen for you to manage all you want.
It also shows for each device the IR command sequence you have set for it, so you know how to setup your IR better.

Changes since last one:

IR commands have changed: 0=Off, 1=Onn
IR commands added 5=LargeDim+, 6=LargeDim-

The LargeDim is just a second dim step level setting, so you can have buttons to fine tune or jump big levels.

It now support Timer devices and Macro devices properly.

So the run down:
- Setup device Code numbers to match the BHA aliases
- Program you IR to fire the sequence that matches the device and action
Now you can manage devices without the interface.

Any ideas are welcome, and I want to know if it works with latest version from MP and BHA.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I want to know if it works with latest version from MP and BHA.

Hi Kaoh,

Having a little trouble getting it to work. (I am sure it is my fault)
I use a hauppauge silver remote, don't know if this makes a difference.

In the configuration for "Code 1" I put "Lamp 1" which matches a simple Binary(On/Off) device.

In MP, the sequence I follow with the remote is:
Hit the Move Up button 1 time (this button acts the same as the up arrow on the keyboard)
Hit the "0" button 1 time
Hit the "1" button 1 time
Hit the "0" button 1 time

The state of "Lamp 1" does not change. I tried it with Lamp 1 being both On and Off.

Is there anything I can look for to see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
patrick

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmm, no that should be ok, if you use latest version the 3rd 0 should turn it off, using 1 would turn it on.
Mayby you are not fast enough? Try increasing the step timer till 10 for example.
Also check your MP log to see if it is telling you something, my entries should be recognizable by the IR2xAPExtender prefix.
You should look for lines like:
2007-11-14 01:14:17.478000 [Info.][MPMain]: IR2xAPExtender: xAp Command 1 fired to device: 3
2007-11-14 01:14:17.495000 [Info.][MPMain]: IR2xAPExtender: found xAP device: MacroDevice of type Macro fired command: Execute
First line should always be present if the plugin recognizes the sequence, the second one means it was able to match the sequence to a device from BHA.

If that does not show us whats happening Ill recompile one with spam logging, see what goes wrong exactly.

What BHA version do you use and what MP version?

anandus

Portal Member
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm a novice, but just to be sure:
I only need the CM11 controller, and for each light I want to control a module.
then I configure this plugin and I can control and program said lights through Mediaportal?

Is it that easy? :)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yup that easy. Well you need the xAp app mentioned on the first post working also offcourse.
I do suggest you have yourself a remote with the cm13 also, just for check up. I rarely use it, but some modules just dont program well from a cm11 or such. And sometimes when a new device eats commands I need it to make sure the system is still working in general.

bond007taz

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Colorado
Home Country
Hi, need a little help. I am new to the MP thing and really new to the X10 thing. I read this thread and I got a X10 USB (CM15) kit with the X10 software and a screw in light bulb device to start testing out the X10 setup. I got the package in an installed the screw in light bulb device and then connected the USB CM15 device to the wall and my computer. I installed the X10 ActiveHome software and after some tinkering I was able to turn off/on the X10 screw in light bulb device. So i went and downloaded the plugin from this thread v0.2i and followed the readme and put the files in the mediaportal folder and went into MP Config to make sure it was listed and it was and then I went into MP and went to plugins and found the automation plugin but no devices. I then downloaded the CM15A-Support-BIN-v.02i and installed that and now I have the Automation plugin and another basic automation plugin - forget the name but still dont see any devices to turn on/off. What did I do wrong?

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Hi, need a little help. I am new to the MP thing and really new to the X10 thing. I read this thread and I got a X10 USB (CM15) kit with the X10 software and a screw in light bulb device to start testing out the X10 setup. I got the package in an installed the screw in light bulb device and then connected the USB CM15 device to the wall and my computer. I installed the X10 ActiveHome software and after some tinkering I was able to turn off/on the X10 screw in light bulb device. So i went and downloaded the plugin from this thread v0.2i and followed the readme and put the files in the mediaportal folder and went into MP Config to make sure it was listed and it was and then I went into MP and went to plugins and found the automation plugin but no devices. I then downloaded the CM15A-Support-BIN-v.02i and installed that and now I have the Automation plugin and another basic automation plugin - forget the name but still dont see any devices to turn on/off. What did I do wrong?

Hi,

Since you are using the CM15 you may have to add your devices manually using the CM15 support.
(Note: I do not have a CM15 so I do not know if the usual xAP connectors will work)

If you use the CM15 support from here:
Try going to the Basic HA Controller process plugin and configure it.
On the Connectors tab select AH Command Line Controller click configure connector.
In the window click new to create your x10 device.
After you create your device, click save.
Now your device should be listed under the devices tab and allow control via MP.

HTH,
patrick

bond007taz

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Colorado
Home Country

Hi,

Try going to the Basic HA Controller process plugin and configure it.
On the Connectors tab select AH Command Line Controller click configure connector.
In the window click new to create your x10 device.
After you create your device, click save.
Now your device should be listed under the devices tab and allow control via MP.

AFAIK there are no xAP connectors for the CM15, so this is why you add the devices in the configuration.

HTH,
patrick

I tried to open the Basic HA Controller plugin but it didnt come up, when I clicked on it it would come back to the home screen. I will try and reload it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom