Basic Home Automation via xAP BSC enabled devices (updated 9-01-2008) (1 Viewer)

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Patrick,

did you ever get my IR extender working on your setup?

bond007taz

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, need a little help. I am new to the MP thing and really new to the X10 thing. I read this thread and I got a X10 USB (CM15) kit with the X10 software and a screw in light bulb device to start testing out the X10 setup. I got the package in an installed the screw in light bulb device and then connected the USB CM15 device to the wall and my computer. I installed the X10 ActiveHome software and after some tinkering I was able to turn off/on the X10 screw in light bulb device. So i went and downloaded the plugin from this thread v0.2i and followed the readme and put the files in the mediaportal folder and went into MP Config to make sure it was listed and it was and then I went into MP and went to plugins and found the automation plugin but no devices. I then downloaded the CM15A-Support-BIN-v.02i and installed that and now I have the Automation plugin and another basic automation plugin - forget the name but still dont see any devices to turn on/off. What did I do wrong?

Hi,

Try going to the Basic HA Controller process plugin and configure it.
On the Connectors tab select AH Command Line Controller click configure connector.
In the window click new to create your x10 device.
After you create your device, click save.
Now your device should be listed under the devices tab and allow control via MP.

AFAIK there are no xAP connectors for the CM15, so this is why you add the devices in the configuration.

HTH,
patrick

I tried to open the Basic HA Controller plugin but it didnt come up, when I clicked on it it would come back to the home screen. I will try and reload it.

Ok, got it to work. Next question: Since i am using a CM15 controller, do i have to have the controller connected to the box running Media Portal? It is set up that way right now but the one I am using to test this X10 stuff is just a test machine, not the main MP setup in the living room.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
Hey Patrick,

Hey Kaoh,

No, I never got it working. I have been meaning to try again and really go through the log though :)

Thanks,
patrick

Ok, got it to work. Next question: Since i am using a CM15 controller, do i have to have the controller connected to the box running Media Portal? It is set up that way right now but the one I am using to test this X10 stuff is just a test machine, not the main MP setup in the living room.

If you are using the CM15 support from the plugin here then yes.
If you are using a xAP connector then no.

I have thought about trying to replicate Edwards CM10/CM11 Connector but for CM15 but since I
do not have one it is difficult to get motivated

HTH,
patrick

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey Patrick,

Hey Kaoh,

No, I never got it working. I have been meaning to try again and really go through the log though :)
If you pick it up again, give me a PM, then we work out together what is going wrong. Then ill do a official release ;) (I am using it now since I posted it here without any trouble, so I am happy allready)

FLY

Portal Pro
September 5, 2006
California
Home Country
Hi, need a little help. I am new to the MP thing and really new to the X10 thing. I read this thread and I got a X10 USB (CM15) kit with the X10 software and a screw in light bulb device to start testing out the X10 setup. I got the package in an installed the screw in light bulb device and then connected the USB CM15 device to the wall and my computer. I installed the X10 ActiveHome software and after some tinkering I was able to turn off/on the X10 screw in light bulb device. So i went and downloaded the plugin from this thread v0.2i and followed the readme and put the files in the mediaportal folder and went into MP Config to make sure it was listed and it was and then I went into MP and went to plugins and found the automation plugin but no devices. I then downloaded the CM15A-Support-BIN-v.02i and installed that and now I have the Automation plugin and another basic automation plugin - forget the name but still dont see any devices to turn on/off. What did I do wrong?

Hi,

On the Connectors tab select AH Command Line Controller click configure connector.
Now your device should be listed under the devices tab and allow control via MP.

AFAIK there are no xAP connectors for the CM15, so this is why you add the devices in the configuration.

HTH,
patrick

I tried to open the Basic HA Controller plugin but it didnt come up, when I clicked on it it would come back to the home screen. I will try and reload it.

hi bond007taz,

can you explain what files/plugins you installed and in what order to get the cm15A working with MP?

right now I can turn lights on/off with Active home pro software but not MP.

thx

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country

Hi,

HTH,
patrick

hi bond007taz,

can you explain what files/plugins you installed and in what order to get the cm15A working with MP?

right now I can turn lights on/off with Active home pro software but not MP.

thx

Hi,

ok, keep in mind I do not have the cm15 but here goes...
NOTE: It has to be connected to the same box as MP.

-Install the ActiveHome SDK (in the CM15 download from the first post)
-Install the Basic Home Automation plugin and skin files
-Install the cm15 plugin files.

Configure the Basic HA Controller plugin
Follow the instructions above

:)

Attachments

• BHA ReadMe.txt
    30.6 KB
  • CM15-Readme.txt
    30.6 KB

Kaoh

Portal Pro
September 11, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is there any way to control MediaPortal via xAP?
Can you explain the scenario you would to like use it for, maybe we can think of another sollution or I or Patrick get inspired by the ID ;)
Cause controlling Mediaportal from another computer is possible, also using PDA and stuff like that.

The only thing I can think of is to make the xAP plugin listen to xAP events, not just to update states but also to trigger macro devices or stuff like that, that would be cool. Then we could use any X10 controller to fire a command that would trigger a macro device, for example a scene setup. Then if you get some electric devices that you can manage from command line you could use your X10 remote to controll those ass well, and it will save on buying X10 scene controllers ;)

Cerbera79

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Newb Z-Wave question.

Hi,

My name is Michael. Long time listener, first time caller. :p

So here's my dumb question: If you can control Homeseer with MediaPortal, wouldn't you be able to control Z-wave devices with HomeSeer doing the translation?

Thanks,
    Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom