Basic Home Automation via xAP BSC enabled devices (updated 9-01-2008) (1 Viewer)

xAPPO

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Knobby - one further Q. How familiar are you with the applicatiosn involved here (Media Portal HomeSeer and Main Lobby) ? Or are you new to some of these too ?

K

Knobby

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
I didn't know I needed to use Mainlobby too - I was just after linking Media Portal to Homeseer.

Thanks guys,
Media Portal I'm new to (just downloaded it the other day.
Homeseer I'm familiar with, and use it to control my x10 stuff.
Mainlobby (if I need to use it) I've played about with, but was planning to use Media Portal instead of having to purchase Mainlobby and its associated apps for playing music, DVD's, etc.

I'll have a play about with the info you've already given me and see how I get on.

xAPPO

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
..you don't need MainLobby - it was just my original post mentioned it so I thought you might have picked up on that.

One of the great strengths of xAP is that it 'loosely' couples applications and shares devices - a bit like a network - as xAP is a broadcast methodology you can mix and match xAP applications and they work with each other as needed and when present.

Have a go with the above help using just HS and MP and xAP and if you get stuck just shout again ... (you dont need the mlhsplugin).

K

TritonT

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
First up, thank you very much for adding the xap-temp.notification, its working great with my setup. I was having a think about state/level images and I can't think of any way round choosing your range manually for sensors. For example my temperature 1-wire devices function from -55C to 125C but I'm only interested in the range -10C to 40C (if it goes outside this range global warming has kicked in and I probably have more important things to think about!).

I have skinned the plugin for use with Replicant (16:9). Unfortunately I have run into a few problems.

Screenshot

1. I have changed the layout to single column for simplicity which means I would like to use 'remote control down' to get to the next item (at the minute it goes item - on button - item) and 'remote control right' to get to toggle - on - off, in that order. I think its not possible to do this at the minute, as it is controlled in the plugin not the skin.

2. I don't know how to left-align or right-align any of the text in the individual items.

3. Pressing 'remote back' from a particular location or category should take you back to the location or category menu not out of the plugin.

4. I don't know how to get it to say 'Automation' at the top of the screen without editing strings.xml

I have also done a few sets of state/level images for the Replicant skin - red to blue, grey to white etc. I think we need a convention on file names so that they can be used. eg 'State_namegoeshere_level_0.png where State is constant and level_0, level_on etc is standard.

The plugin gets used every day by me and it works very well. If we could get a bit more control over the layout it would be even better.

PS As soon as I get Replicant sorted out I'll skin the plugin for a couple more 16:9 skins if you want.

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First up, thank you very much for adding the xap-temp.notification, its working great with my setup. I was having a think about state/level images and I can't think of any way round choosing your range manually for sensors. For example my temperature 1-wire devices function from -55C to 125C but I'm only interested in the range -10C to 40C (if it goes outside this range global warming has kicked in and I probably have more important things to think about!).

I have skinned the plugin for use with Replicant (16:9). Unfortunately I have run into a few problems.

Screenshot

Looks VERY nice! I am glad it is getting some use :)

1. I have changed the layout to single column for simplicity which means I would like to use 'remote control down' to get to the next item (at the minute it goes item - on button - item) and 'remote control right' to get to toggle - on - off, in that order. I think its not possible to do this at the minute, as it is controlled in the plugin not the skin.

Think I know what you mean here, I will look into it. I know I originally had it attempt to determine the correct order, but it was getting complicated so I may have changed it to a fixed order.

2. I don't know how to left-align or right-align any of the text in the individual items.
Will check it out.

3. Pressing 'remote back' from a particular location or category should take you back to the location or category menu not out of the plugin.
OK, I do not think I did anything special to handle this, so MP is using its default I think. Will see what I can do.

4. I don't know how to get it to say 'Automation' at the top of the screen without editing strings.xml
Not sure what you mean, it says Automation in your screen shot.

I have also done a few sets of state/level images for the Replicant skin - red to blue, grey to white etc. I think we need a convention on file names so that they can be used. eg 'State_namegoeshere_level_0.png where State is constant and level_0, level_on etc is standard.
Not sure what you mean here.
Do you want it to pick a color/theme based on something else?

The plugin gets used every day by me and it works very well. If we could get a bit more control over the layout it would be even better.
I will give it a shot, I have not had a lot of feed back on the interface to know what to change ;)

PS As soon as I get Replicant sorted out I'll skin the plugin for a couple more 16:9 skins if you want.
That would be Great!!

Thanks for so much feedback!

patrick

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
thank you! :)
This was new information for me.

I placed the file in homseer folder and plugins folder, registerd both, restarts homeseer, but xAP Conduit is not there.

Now I am going to bed. I wil try to figure it out tomorrow.

Aasmund - have you got this working ? If not let me know and I'll try and get you up and running. Kevin

I`m sorry for my late answer. There is extremely difficult to get internet here. Lately I have climed trees and made biquad dish antennas to connect to my brothers internet without much success.
I am now again connected to an unknown network that was not here before. For now it seams stable.

Anyway, I did not get it to work. I find it strange that HS cannot find my plugin.
I tried to install it in homeseer root folder and plugins folder.
I am happy for any help you can give me :)

xAPPO

Portal Member
December 14, 2006
Home Country
Hi - sorry your internet access is so difficult - it must be very frustrating ... but I bet you have beautiful scenery.

I just wanted to check you are using HomeSeer v2.x and you have installed the OCX file in C:\Program Files\HomeSeer - or your equivalent. You don't perhaps have two HomeSeer install folders do you ?? One for an older HS v1.7 or something ?

The file you are installing is named hspi_xAP2.ocx ...Yes ???

Also you have registered this file with

regsvr32 C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\hspi_xAP2.ocx

and it responded with a message that said it succeeded ??

Are there any messages in the HomeSeer startup log at all ? It should say 'Found plug-in : xAP Conduit , version 2.0.0.316' or similar in the Events page displayed whilst HS is starting up .

On clicking on the 'setup' button in the HS web interface and then selecting the 'Interfaces' tab is there no xAP conduit interface listed at the bottom ???

Kevin

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
Vel, I am using hoseseer 1,7 and have used the file hspi_xAP.ocx
I also registert this file successfully.
And there is no conduit in the startup log or in setup.

I gues I have to use HS 2.0?

btw: where can I find hspi_xAP2.ocx?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom