[WiP] BasicHome / BasicHome Editor (2 Viewers)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will the original style (2 rows of tiles) ever be customisable with the editor (and just not implemented yet), or is it an option that isn't planned for inclusion?

Thanks!

That's a good one.. I thought that also the default style was configurable with the new editor, but now I'm looking again and I'm seeing that only the new style is fully configurable.. I really like the original Titan style, so I really hope that this view is fully configurable by the editor in the future aswell..

ncoH

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2007
    Hannover
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will the original style (2 rows of tiles) ever be customisable with the editor (and just not implemented yet), or is it an option that isn't planned for inclusion?

Thanks!

That's a good one.. I thought that also the default style was configurable with the new editor, but now I'm looking again and I'm seeing that only the new style is fully configurable.. I really like the original Titan style, so I really hope that this view is fully configurable by the editor in the future aswell..

Hi,

the current default layout will be become an inbuilt editor (i made it a bit clearer now in the first thread).

It was designed for Titan as a MediaPortal default skin. So everything should be working out of the box (without any 3rd party plugin). It was not intended to make this fully customizable. Nevertheless, we added some possible options.

The external editor was build for the horizontal layout, which was the first design long before Titan become a default skin.
    So we could decide to just discard it or offer it as option...

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for making this more clear now Nico..

To be shure: fully customization for the default layout as it is now will be possible with the build in editor that comes in the future right?

Filo

Portal Member
    March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,
    i for myself need a basichome editor in my Mediaportal Skin. So my most favorite Skins are Titan and Pure Vision. In Pure ision there is a promissions of a basichome editor, that will be realized somewhere in the future. And I don´t want to costumize the skin everytime there is a change. Now Titan is my Skin! I´m looking forward to the relese of the editor, no matter if it is an exteral or internal one. Thanks for the update! The time of the release is not clear and this is O.K. in my opinion, but can You say if it takes weeks or months? I am that You´re working at this. Im gladly looking forward to the release.

Thanks
    Filo

EraZor95

Portal Member
    July 1, 2011
    Wow, the alternative (horizontal) look, looks promising! (Though I must say, i've been getting used to the new 'stacked' look of titan as well. The only thing I really miss at the moment (in whichever lay-out) is the option to add/remove options (such as the earlier mentioned TV option). If that will become an editor-option (and looking at the updated starting post, it will be), I'll be a happy camper! keep up the good work!

Another question, though: will the shutdown menu be edited (/editable)? The options now don't seem very logical to me: I'd like the middle option just to show shutdown (pc), restart (pc) and close MP. Not all available options (including the two options available from te two other buttons)

Last edited:

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    I just wanted to say that I had a quick look at the skin and it looks nice. Unfortunately I cannot use it until the home editor is released as there are too many extra buttons for me. I only want 2 buttons (Moving Pictures & TV Series). Hopefully this editor will be released soon so I can try this skin :)

bawheid

Portal Member
    December 28, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks!

Hi,

the current default layout will be become an inbuilt editor (i made it a bit clearer now in the first thread).

It was designed for Titan as a MediaPortal default skin. So everything should be working out of the box (without any 3rd party plugin). It was not intended to make this fully customizable. Nevertheless, we added some possible options.

The external editor was build for the horizontal layout, which was the first design long before Titan become a default skin.
    So we could decide to just discard it or offer it as option...

Obviously down your list of priorities right now as you guys seem busy enough, but I'd like to register my interest for the ability to customise the default 2x3 Titan layout at some point in the future.

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    I just wanted to say that I had a quick look at the skin and it looks nice. Unfortunately I cannot use it until the home editor is released as there are too many extra buttons for me. I only want 2 buttons (Moving Pictures & TV Series). Hopefully this editor will be released soon so I can try this skin :)

I'm in the same boat... loaded this skin and it looks great, but until there is a home screen editor, the skin is completely unusable IMO. I'm back on Avalon... which isn't quite 100% on 1.3, but is better than nothing, until we get an editor for Titan.

Last edited:

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm in the same boat... loaded this skin and it looks great, but until there is a home screen editor, the skin is completely unusable IMO. I'm back on Avalon... which isn't quite 100% on 1.3, but is better than nothing, until we get an editor for Titan.

I agree with your sentiments partially; I don't agree it's completely unusable, but definitely need that editor sooner rather than later to be at par with most other popular skins like streamedmp & avalon.

Either way, great skin and eagerly awaiting the editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom