Basichome+clockmod (1 Viewer)

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Good luck with exams mattsk88 and thanks again for all the help in my previous posts. Finally found the correct area to post the question i posed to you about the new basichome & clock mod. Seems someone else has a similiar request.

(SAME IDEA AS SWIFTY)
** im pretty much looking to point Movie to MyFilms in the Basichome. After reading, i see that is not possible, but circumvented by substituting an existing entry with desired one (i.e. My Radio dropped and My Films added). Is this a simple remove all My Radio entries in BH xml and replace it with My Films? Please advise, thank you.

Attach your xml and tell me what you want in the menu and I will see if I can get it done. Mediastream is basically taking all my time along with my exams (1 left!).

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
will do. its about 3:45 EST here in the States so i will send it when i get home later tonight. Thank you.

P.S. i tried to thank you from an earlier post you helped me out with but im not sure it registered for you.

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Home Country
Basichome.xml

i attached my Basichome.xml (this is the original one, not the new modded clock one). I also uploaded the moded (straight from the site) basichome.xml (Darre.Titanium.basichome.clock.mod.zip)I want to implement the new modded one with the bar along the bottom, the clock, and weather on the bottom (below menu options). Pretty much im looking to have MyFilms as an option on that menu bar or link Movies to MyFilms, like we were able to do with the original. As you mentioned before concerning substitution, i dont use the TV menu option on the home screen so this would be the one i choose to substitute for MyFilms. Thank you.

-- about Moving Pictures, how do i get my movie information and cover art into this module? does just work off of ANT Movie DB or off of MOVIES?

Attachments

• Basichome.xml
    30.6 KB

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Moving pictures just grabs info of the net, all you have to do is point to your movie folder and moving pictures will do the rest.

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Home Country
will it work if i have more than one movie folder (i.e. C:\XVID_Movies & D:\HD_Movies)? So, is this a plugin i can download (and configure) or it is handled within the xml file?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
will it work if i have more than one movie folder (i.e. C:\XVID_Movies & D:\HD_Movies)? So, is this a plugin i can download (and configure) or it is handled within the xml file?
Yeh sure you can point to multiple locations, what exactly do you mean by configure?

bishopy2j

Portal Pro
March 29, 2008
Home Country
i was thinking that Moving Pictures was a plugin (like MyFilms or My TV Series) that can be configured through the MediPortal Confguration module. Sounds like a great feature, but what happens when it can not find an exact match for the movie? Im assuming that all you have to do, when you get a new movie file that you just place it in the directory that Moving Pictures is looking at. Then open Media Portal go to Moving Pictures (is this a menu option on the home screen or do you just point Movies to it) menu option and it will be updated or updating. Does this sound right?

-- if not to much trouble can you guide me on how to make my basichome have utilize Moving Pictures? I just want to compare the different basichome.xml files and see which one i like the best.

-- its actually pretty late here in the States, so i gotta go but will catch with you more tomorrow. Thank you.

sky46

Portal Member
February 1, 2009
great!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Is it possible to change the weather button with a myTv button? I want to start my Tv right now of basichome?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom