BasicHome Editor - Exception Error (1 Viewer)

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    That may be a good idea in the event this type of thing happens.. I am just reinstalling now and will let you know how I go. Thanks for the prompt reply

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    trevor, did you get a chance to have a look to see if shutdown was possible in the menu item?

After some thought, it would make it so much easier for those who are not very PC savvy ;)

This is not possible with the current release of the editor, I have tweaked it so that if you have a menu item called "SHUTDOWN" it will add the right code to basichome - this is attached for you to try.

To set it up just chose any xml from the left hand pane (it needs something to allow the menu to be setup) and make sure you all the menu item "SHUTDOWN" ("EXIT" is also suppored).

Very rough and ready - will look at adding the front end code to make it multi language and remove the need to chose an xml.

Let me know if it works and does what you need.

The zip contains the .dll (copy to ..\MediaPortal\plugins\process) and the standalone version SMPEditor.exe (copy to ..\MediaPortal)

Cheers

Alright, well after getting over the error hurdle (thanks ltfearme)... I am getting the BasicHome Editor and home screen working.

However, the SHUTDOWN option doesn't work. I have it listed as an option, however, when you press shut down, the menu disappears for a second then just comes back and the PC doesn't shut down.

Is there any other way of trying this or another way I can add the menu item.

I have done what was suggested, and just added the SHUTDOWN (please see attached screenshot to ensure I have followed the instructions correctly)

Thanks, I really want this to work :D

Attachments

• shutdown-config.jpg
      shutdown-config.jpg
      143 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Alright, well after getting over the error hurdle (thanks ltfearme)... I am getting the BasicHome Editor and home screen working.

However, the SHUTDOWN option doesn't work. I have it listed as an option, however, when you press shut down, the menu disappears for a second then just comes back and the PC doesn't shut down.

Is there any other way of trying this or another way I can add the menu item.

I have done what was suggested, and just added the SHUTDOWN (please see attached screenshot to ensure I have followed the instructions correctly)

Thanks, I really want this to work :D

Hi Spaldo,

The last mod only worked for one menu type, attached is a version that works on all menu types. This also containes the code to prevent the entrering of illegal xml characters (though will not remove them if previouly entered).

As before the zip contains the .dll (copy to ..\MediaPortal\plugins\process) and the standalone version SMPEditor.exe (copy to ..\MediaPortal)

UPDATE: I have added the ability to add the Shutdown and Exit options to the menu via the Quicklist feature. Two extra files in the archive shutdowm.xml and exit.xml that need to be copied to your skin directory. You than add shutdown and exit options from the pull down list.

UPDATE2: Allowed for localization of options by checking against the IDs
    Thanks

Attachments

• shutdownmod.zip
      1.1 MB

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Spaldo,

The last mod only worked for one menu type, attached is a version that works on all menu types. This also containes the code to prevent the entrering of illegal xml characters (though will not remove them if previouly entered).

As before the zip contains the .dll (copy to ..\MediaPortal\plugins\process) and the standalone version SMPEditor.exe (copy to ..\MediaPortal)

UPDATE: I have added the ability to add the Shutdown and Exit options to the menu via the Quicklist feature. Two extra files in the archive shutdowm.xml and exit.xml that need to be copied to your skin directory. You than add shutdown and exit options from the pull down list.

UPDATE2: Allowed for localization of options by checking against the IDs
    Thanks

Hi trevor,

Thank you for the effort and quick reply.

Just gave it a go.... Very easy (once the files are in the right place) and although I only did restart... it worked perfect!

This will be a great addition to the skin if you consider it to be added to future releases.

I will let you know if there are any issues in the future.

Thanks again for your efforts

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi trevor,

Thank you for the effort and quick reply.

Just gave it a go.... Very easy (once the files are in the right place) and although I only did restart... it worked perfect!

This will be a great addition to the skin if you consider it to be added to future releases.

I will let you know if there are any issues in the future.

Thanks again for your efforts

Thanks for letting me know and glad it sorts your issues, this is now in our SVN and will be part of future releases.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom