BasicHome Editor - Exception Error (1 Viewer)

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Hello,

I have just reinstalled a fresh Windows 7 with MediaPortal.

During this time I upgraded to the latest verison 1.2 of StreamedMP.

If I go into the StreamedMP BasicHome Editor, and remove every item in the Basic Home editor, except TVSeries and MovingPcitures (the only two I use) and then press generate skin... It will not let me generate, it gives an exception type error.

See attached screen shot and log file.

Please let me know if you need anything else, I really want to get this working...

Thanks.

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
      shot1.jpg
      901.2 KB
    • shot2.jpg
      shot2.jpg
      923.2 KB
    • message1.txt
      4.3 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

I have just reinstalled a fresh Windows 7 with MediaPortal.

During this time I upgraded to the latest verison 1.2 of StreamedMP.

If I go into the StreamedMP BasicHome Editor, and remove every item in the Basic Home editor, except TVSeries and MovingPcitures (the only two I use) and then press generate skin... It will not let me generate, it gives an exception type error.

See attached screen shot and log file.

Please let me know if you need anything else, I really want to get this working...

Thanks.

Hi Spaldo,

I have looked at this and this has thrown up a couple of issues that I should be checking for.

The minium number of menu items is 3, anything less and it messes up the menu very badly, the next release will contain a check for the minimum numbe of items.

There is also a limit on the length of the items text, 14 is about what you can get away with, will add a check for that was well.

Sorry this is not a positive response to your question but the these restrictions are required because of the way basichome is coded, I can easily make the editor do this but the generated file and subsquent display dont really work.

Thanks

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Trevor, thanks for the quick reply.

I guess it is both a good and bad reply. I have been pulling my hair out all day trying to get the damn thing configured before the girl gets home from work! :)

I only will ever use two items, so I guess I will have to switch back to the other home view.

It would be good if those checks were in there but, so this problem doens't happy to other people.

Thanks again.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Spaldo there is no reason why you cant configure 3 items with 2 the same e.g.:

MovingPictures
    TVSeries
    MovingPictures.

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Spaldo there is no reason why you cant configure 3 items with 2 the same e.g.:

MovingPictures
    TVSeries
    MovingPictures.

Yep, I am thinking of either doing that, or if it is possible I will make one of the items to shut down the PC. Was going ot have a look tonight to see if it is possible to do that...

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    I just had a look and tried to add shutdown. But, I can't see the option. Does anyone know if that would be possible?

Also, in the mean time, I added another Moving Pictures, pressed generate, it didn't give any errors. Then loaded Moving Pictures and got a black screen saying that BasicHome.xml was missing :(

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    I just had a look and tried to add shutdown. But, I can't see the option. Does anyone know if that would be possible?

Also, in the mean time, I added another Moving Pictures, pressed generate, it didn't give any errors. Then loaded Moving Pictures and got a black screen saying that BasicHome.xml was missing :(

Hi,

Adding the shutdown option is not currently possible via the editor, I would need to tie an action event of 99 to a menu items. Will have a play and see what is possible.

I have just created a menu with 3 options movives-series-movies and all works fine, did you mean launch Moving Pictures or MP?

Either way if you could post a copy of your basichome.xml and I will have look to see if there is a problem.

thanks

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Sorry, I mean't MediaPortal :oops:

I am on another PC, but, will try to post it tonight...

Thanks for the replies. It would be great if shutdown was an option (make it much easier for the people in the house who don't have any clue)

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    Home Country
    trevor, did you get a chance to have a look to see if shutdown was possible in the menu item?

After some thought, it would make it so much easier for those who are not very PC savvy ;)

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    trevor, did you get a chance to have a look to see if shutdown was possible in the menu item?

After some thought, it would make it so much easier for those who are not very PC savvy ;)

This is not possible with the current release of the editor, I have tweaked it so that if you have a menu item called "SHUTDOWN" it will add the right code to basichome - this is attached for you to try.

To set it up just chose any xml from the left hand pane (it needs something to allow the menu to be setup) and make sure you all the menu item "SHUTDOWN" ("EXIT" is also suppored).

Very rough and ready - will look at adding the front end code to make it multi language and remove the need to chose an xml.

Let me know if it works and does what you need.

The zip contains the .dll (copy to ..\MediaPortal\plugins\process) and the standalone version SMPEditor.exe (copy to ..\MediaPortal)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom