[fixed] BASS.NET dependency error in current DEV branch? (1 Viewer)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Just compiled MP2 Client based on current dev. When trying to play an MP3 file, I get the following exception in the logs (full client logs attached):

[2013-10-27 18:40:44,750] [27047 ] [Thread23 ] [ERROR] - Unable to create media player for media item 'Jack Rabbit Slims Twist Contest / You Never Can Tell'
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "Bass.Net, Version=2.4.10.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b7566c273e6ef480" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    Dateiname: "Bass.Net, Version=2.4.10.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b7566c273e6ef480"
    bei BassRegistration.BassRegistration.Register()
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Players.BassPlayer.PlayerComponents.BassLibraryManager.Initialize(String playerPluginsDirectory)
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Players.BassPlayer.PlayerComponents.BassLibraryManager.Get(String playerPluginsDirectory)
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Players.BassPlayer.Controller..ctor(BassPlayer player, String playerMainDirectory)
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Players.BassPlayer.BassPlayer..ctor(String playerMainDirectory)
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Players.BassPlayer.BassPlayerPlugin.GetPlayer(MediaItem mediaItem)
    bei MediaPortal.UI.Services.Players.PlayerManager.BuildPlayer_NoLock(MediaItem mediaItem, ICollection`1& exceptions) in c:\_MP\Quellcode\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Source\Core\MediaPortal.UI\Services\Players\PlayerManager.cs:Zeile 269.

WRN: Protokollierung der Assemblybindung ist AUS.
    Sie können die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler aktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) auf 1 festlegen.
    Hinweis: Die Protokollierung der Assemblybindungsfehler führt zu einer gewissen Leistungseinbuße.
    Sie können dieses Feature deaktivieren, indem Sie den Registrierungswert [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] entfernen.

The bass.net.dll in the BassPlayer plugin directory is version 2.4.10.3 - and when I check the dependencies in the MP2 Client project in visual studio for BassPlayer it also tells me also version 2.4.10.3. Don't know where the 2.4.10.1 version comes from. Is that a bug or is it me not being able to compile correctly?

Michael

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Problem solved with the patch provided by chefkoch for MP2-397 in dev-candidate. Thanks!

BTW: Why do we have dev and dev-candidate, currently?

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Oh and one more question:
    When I opened the MP2 Client solution in VS, none of the nuget packages was downloaded. Closing VS and reopening the solution didn't change this. I had to run RestorePackages.bat to download all the necessary nuget packages.
    When I analyzed the dependency problem, I also right clicked the BassLibraries project and chose Manage Nuget Packages (or similar, can't remember the exact menu item now) and it told me that the project BassLibraries does not have any packages installed. Consequently, it didn't show me any updates for the packages, either.
    Can anyone tell me what the reason for this is? We have a "packages.config" in the BassLibraries project. Shouldn't this be enough for VS to see that this project needs packages?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BTW: Why do we have dev and dev-candidate, currently?
    The candidate branch was created by chefkoch and contained changes he considers to be merged into dev (after review).

I now took the missing commit into dev and delete the candidate branch.

The nuget question is better answered by chefkoch, for me it worked without issues in VS2013. But therefore I have other problems, I will create another thread about them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom