Bass player with ASIO support? (1 Viewer)

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I also solved the play problem, now play and pause behave the same as when ASIO is disabled.

A paused stream can be resumed via Pause (Spacebar) or by selecting the paused file again (Enter).
    A playing stream can be restarted by selecting the file again (Enter).
    When Play (P) is pressed the selected file appears on the playlist and starts playing.

hwahrmann:
    Will you commit the updated file again if you agree with the changes?
    I will e-mail it.

Jan

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The changes are included in SVN build 13065.

Thank you Helmut.

Muppeter

February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ASIO causing buzzing

Just switched to Mediaportal from Meedio, and I must say I love it so far :D

I have just installed the latest SVN (rev. 13107) and activated Asio. The sound card I am using is an ESI Juli@.

The sound is brilliant with Asio, and seems to work perfectly. My only problem ist that every time i skip a song a get a nasty buzzing sound over the speakers. It is kind of annoying to live with...

Any suggestions?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Works ok here, maybe it's an issue with your soundcard driver.

can anyone else confirm the case that Muppeter describes above?

Muppeter

February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I am wondering if it might be a soundcard driver issue. I should probably mention that I had the same problem using Meedio with Asio support through BASS, even though more people reported it with Meedio.

At that time I did not have that good PC, and someone suggested that the sound only came when the CPU was heavily loaded.

I will check if there is an suggeste fix for the drivers around.

Muppeter

February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have now tried updating my drivers(the ones I had were actually old), but the buzzing is still there. I am still suspecting the drivers. What the heck. I guess that is the price to pay for bit-perfection :)

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    As an alternative you can try it with Asio4All (www.asio4all.com).

I am also having a problem with the ASIO driver of my M-Audio Revo5.1 (no sound from digital output) and therefore installed Asio4All. This is working for me. I only had to disable the hardware buffer in the setup to solve a problem with skipping tracks (see post 44 and 45 of this thread).

Jan

biba

Portal Member
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    ASIO

Testing ASIO4ALL with SB X-Fi Extreme Audio sound card. Sound quality is great but sometimes (depending on Asio buffer size) is listen little "click" in music (probably when changing cache). Anyone help ?

Hardware cache is disabled

See attached picture

PS: sorry for my english

phunqe

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2007
    I'm trying to play DTS .cda files from an audio CD that is mounted through Daemon Tools, but all I get is noise. It works without problems in WMP (with the aid of AC3Filter) and the DTS signal reaches my receiver correctly.

1. I've selected BASS player.
    2. My Auzentech Meridian 7.1 is set to output through SPDIF at 44.1 KHz.
    3. The Auzentech card is set as ASIO driver in the MP configuration.

When I try to play the .cda files all I get is noise. I've tried both 16-bit and 24-bit in the C-Media ASIO control panel, but there is no difference. It doesn't passthrough the DTS signal properly.

I don't know really what can be causing it or what can be wrong, so I don't know what to try basically. Any ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to write that I'm running MediaPortal-svn--06-01-2007--01-04-Rev14775

EDIT 2: Also forgot to write that I tried ASIO4ALL, but that just caused MP to hang all the time on startup, with nothing in logs to indicate a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom