BBC HD (1 Viewer)

alexeix

Portal Pro
January 28, 2005
UK
Hey, I've installed the TV Server and so far so good, other than a few niggles like locking - maybe something to do with my processor or other apps.

I have two questions though...

1) I can see BBC HD on my episode guide (from the Crystal Palace receiver), but when I try to select it, I get sound, but no picture. This is on my monitor with HD resolution. Should I be able to view this channel? Anyone know if it's locked or something?

2) How can I tell which channels are on the same transponder, for recording one channel while watching another? I only have one TV card.

Thanks for the great software and I look forward to the first full release!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Most of the propriety brands now do HD, Cyberlink PowerDVD for one, WinDVD most probably another + there will be many more released in the near future.

Anyone able to view BBC HD, not even available on sky unless you pay extra.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Most of the propriety brands now do HD, Cyberlink PowerDVD for one, WinDVD most probably another + there will be many more released in the near future.

Anyone able to view BBC HD, not even available on sky unless you pay extra.

Sorry, are you saying anyone can watch BBC HD on Freeview (with the right codec)? I know you need to be within range of Crystal Palace.

As I said, I can hear the audio at least.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Whether there is any encrytion involved (as per pay TV) I do not know.

If the BBC were committed to testing FREE HD TV, it would be available to Freeview and sky, what is to test, as this is existing at the moment, as used by sky worldwide.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    the BBC HD trials on DVB-T platform are free-to-view.. providing you are in the Crystal Palace area AND have a suitable HD compliant receiver.

some TV cards are able to receive HD.. (nebula digitv is one of them) but you still need an HD codec installed to watch them.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Well I'm miles away from Crystal Palace (Maidenhead, Berks), but my Compro Videomate DVB-T300 registers BBC HD and I get sound from the channel, so I was just wondering if I can get a picture too. I guess I'll have to buy some software with an HD codec if I want to find out...

My cr*ppy old ITV Digital (Freeview) box doesn't even register BBC HD, so I suppose the Compro is a better receiver.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Well I'm miles away from Crystal Palace (Maidenhead, Berks), but my Compro Videomate DVB-T300 registers BBC HD and I get sound from the channel, so I was just wondering if I can get a picture too. I guess I'll have to buy some software with an HD codec if I want to find out...

My cr*ppy old ITV Digital (Freeview) box doesn't even register BBC HD, so I suppose the Compro is a better receiver.

you must be picking up the signal from the crystal palace TX, as this is the only TX that is broadcasting the HD trials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom