BD-J menu bug on Alien blu rays (1 Viewer)

microfast

Portal Pro
February 13, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi, this new great features works very well for many disc but with all the three blu ray of Alien Trilogy if you do choice Menu, then start the screen of the "player update" and there remain for ever: no errors and is not possible to skip or fast forward it; you can only exit with the stop ...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

Sorry, here the log ...
    Thanks for trying... but please use the Watchdog tool:
    1. Close MP.
    2. Open the MediaPortal Watchdog tool.
    3. Select option 1 ("report a bug...").
    4. Click "proceed". MP will start.
    5. Reproduce the problem (try to play the Alien BD).
    6. Close MP. The Watchdog will create a zip file for you.
    7. Attach ("upload a file") the zip file to your next reply.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If possible, please also try to make a video of what you see. Upload the video to YouTube then provide a link here.

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    If possible, please also try to make a video of what you see. Upload the video to YouTube then provide a link here.

Here a screen capture, this is all that you can see playing by menu Alien and other discs that try to update the player ( or say that the player is not able to play 3D BD ).

I do hope that this can help you.

Attachments

• IMG_3951.JPG
      IMG_3951.JPG
      521.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, I don't see any errors in the log files.

When I Googled the message in the screenshot I found this:
    http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...eshooting_fr.jsp?modelname=HT-P50&idx=400119&

So the message should show for awhile... but some seconds later the movie should start to play as normal.

Which version of Java are you using?
    Which region is the BR, and does that match the region emulated by the VCD virtual drive?
    Which program are you using for DRM handling, and are you using the latest version?

@Sebastiii
    Any ideas?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Yep sometimes it's needed to do fast forward (F6 key on keyboard) on clip boundary to pass it. So it possible that is the as case here

Last edited:

microfast

Portal Pro
    February 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    Yep sometimes it's needed to do fast forward (F6 key on keyboard) on clip boundary to pass it. So it possible that is the as case here

Not the case, I tried but that screen remain ...

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...eshooting_fr.jsp?modelname=HT-P50&idx=400119&

So the message should show for awhile... but some seconds later the movie should start to play as normal.

Which region is the BR, and does that match the region emulated by the VCD virtual drive?
    Which program are you using for DRM handling, and are you using the latest version?

@Sebastiii
    Any ideas?

@Sebastiii
    Any ideas?

I am using the last one available Java, but many other discs works perfectly ...

The Alien's blu ray is multiregion A/B/C

I have tried to play the iso ripped with ANYDVD-HD and also the fisical disc with every possible Anydvd's setting with the same results

DRM? I am able to use Netflix if this can help

Thanks a lot for your time

Marco

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Marco :)

I was talking about how you decrypt/unprotect the BD - AnyDVD, Passkey etc. You mentioned that you use AnyDVD HD, so you answered the question. :)

Would it be possible to upload the unprotected ISO for testing?
    Alternatively, could you follow the instructions -->here<-- to find the files that MP needs for the menu access, and upload those files for us?

Basically we need to be able to try to play the BD on our dev PCs in order to figure out what the problem is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom