BD-rip, ISO = No subtitles? | Page 7

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by jonaskp, September 13, 2009.

1. maxx_nantes

maxx_nantes Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Hey Jacob, did it yesterday. It's a big step ahead as Moving Pictures is able to determine what subtitles are on my disc (instead of a list of "undefined" subtitles before).
    My main concern is that I stil can't show them even when choosing mpc-hc subtitles engine (note that I have never been able to play internal subtitles using mpc-hc and always had to load external subtitles from the internet)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JACOB B

JACOB B Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 1
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Show System Specs
    What DID you do? Install saf 4.0 ?
    Have you tried vc-1 as well h264 discs?

As for ripping to mkv, I tested another mkv with VC-1 video and hd audio (dts-ma) and it did not play in moving pictures. So far no luck with hd audio in mkv.
    Well, off topic..

4. maxx_nantes

maxx_nantes Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    none of my hd movies is ripped to mkv (some are on my hard drive, most of them are genuine optical discs)

Concerning what I did, I installed SAF 4.0 stable (after uninstalling all codecs)
    I tried both encodings (Groundhog Day : H264 / Heat : VC1) none of them seems to be ready to show me its subtitles.

A piece of info that could be useful : when I play the same discs directly in MPC-HC, the subtitles menu is grayed out making it impossible to display subtitles.

5. maxx_nantes

maxx_nantes Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    while playing Heat, here is what a graph looks like

mpc-hc subtitles engine is enabled

Attached Files:

• graph.png
      graph.png
      File size:
      51.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      March 19, 2010
      Views:
  6. HakanThn

HakanThn Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    HD Audio

Very interesting thread.
    I'm confused about the HD audio capabilities of my HTPC, appreciate help.

I´ve understood that I can´t bitstream Dolby True HD or DTS HD MA with my setup, but is it possible to send HD audio to the reciever through HDMI multichannel PCM, or multichannel analog connections? The sound quality should be about the same?

I´m using multichannel PCM through HDMI right now, but I can´t verify if it is true HD sound. (I probably can´t hear the difference either ;)). I´m using M/B: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H, Radeon HD4550 HDMI, PowerDVD 7 to watch BlueRay and HDMI connection to a Harman Kardon AVR255 receiver.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!