Behold TV H7: after channels found - NoVideoAudioDetected (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Your logs look perfect apart from two tunings at the end. This doesn't make sense given that you said things got worse. Have I misunderstood?
    1. On opening to fullscreen - terrible interlacing.
    When you say "fullscreen" I guess you mean normal MediaPortal rather than preview in TV Server? Preview uses the codecs with the highest merit in your computer. MediaPortal uses the codec and interlacing settings that you choose in MediaPortal configuration. Have a look at the codec settings:
    1. Open MediaPortal configuration.
    2. Click on the "codecs and renderer" section.
    3. Go to the second tab - "TV codecs".
    4. What options are available for each field?

What is the "fallback de-interlace mode" set to? You can find this under the "TV" section.

2. No sound in eurosport and 2 other channels. Before applying patch - sound was everywhere.
    Is this only in "preview", only in "MediaPortal", or both? The problem is most likely to be either the codec settings or the audio encoder dropping out.

I also noticed that the Intervideo encoders were still being used. The only purpose in trying the patch is so that you could try the more stable and compatible ATI Avivo encoders. If you didn't install the ATI encoders or increase their priority above the Intervideo encoders then the patch will have had no effect. Do you need more specific instructions for the patch?
    Yes please. I've only downloaded AnalogPatch-V1.1.0.zip, unzipped it and run PatchInstaller.exe. So I did not remove/disable/change priority of previuos encoders.
    Okay, first lets check that the patch has been installed properly.
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Select the "general" section.
    3. Is there a tab called "software encoders" (tab 3)?
    4. Go to the software encoders tab.
    5. Please list the encoders that are installed (the ones that have "yes" in the installed column). I think the only ones you will have are the Intervideo ones...

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    When you say "fullscreen" I guess you mean normal MediaPortal rather than preview in TV Server?
    So I restarted the computer. Deinterlacing is visible when opening "preview" in TV Server to full screen - and in MP full screen also.

Eurosport had sound in TV server and in MP. After running for a while video hanged, sound was continuing. On switching channel - nothing. I've attached tv.log to this message.

Preview uses the codecs with the highest merit in your computer. MediaPortal uses the codec and interlacing settings that you choose in MediaPortal configuration. Have a look at the codec settings:
    1. Open MediaPortal configuration.
    2. Click on the "codecs and renderer" section.
    3. Go to the second tab - "TV codecs".
    4. What options are available for each field?
    MPEG-2 Video decoder: MPC - MPEG-2 Video decoder (Gabest)
    H.264 Video decoder: ffdshow DXVA Video decoder
    MPEG / AC3 audio decoder: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
    LATM AAC audio decoder: MONOGRAM AAC Decoder
    DD+ audio decoder: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    Audio renderer: Default DirectSound Device

What is the "fallback de-interlace mode" set to? You can find this under the "TV" section.
    Fallback de-interlace mode: None

Is this only in "preview", only in "MediaPortal", or both? The problem is most likely to be either the codec settings or the audio encoder dropping out.
    I guess both.

Okay, first lets check that the patch has been installed properly.
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Select the "general" section.
    3. Is there a tab called "software encoders" (tab 3)?
    4. Go to the software encoders tab.
    5. Please list the encoders that are installed (the ones that have "yes" in the installed column). I think the only ones you will have are the Intervideo ones...
    Yes, "yes" - only for Intervideo ones both in audio and video. So please clarify how to make a correct patch installation.

Attachments

• tv.zip
      8.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    When you say "fullscreen" I guess you mean normal MediaPortal rather than preview in TV Server?
    So I restarted the computer. Deinterlacing is visible when opening "preview" in TV Server to full screen - and in MP full screen also.

Eurosport had sound in TV server and in MP. After running for a while video hanged, sound was continuing. On switching channel - nothing. I've attached tv.log to this message.
    Noted. I'm 90% sure this is an encoder problem. It sometimes happens to me too. Like I said earlier, software encoders are not ideal :(

MPEG-2 Video decoder: MPC - MPEG-2 Video decoder (Gabest)
    H.264 Video decoder: ffdshow DXVA Video decoder
    MPEG / AC3 audio decoder: MPC - MPA Decoder Filter
    LATM AAC audio decoder: MONOGRAM AAC Decoder
    DD+ audio decoder: ffdshow Audio Decoder
    Audio renderer: Default DirectSound Device

Fallback de-interlace mode: None
    You've listed what is selected; I asked you for what is available (each option in each field). I'm sorry to ask you to do that, but I need to know...

I guess both.
    This only confirms my suspicion that it is an encoder problem.

Yes, "yes" - only for Intervideo ones both in audio and video. So please clarify how to make a correct patch installation.
    Good, so it looks like the patch is installed correctly. Now what we need to do is to add the ATI AVIVO encoders. I'm at work at the moment but I'll contact you this evening with some instructions for installing them.

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Noted. I'm 90% sure this is an encoder problem. It sometimes happens to me too. Like I said earlier, software encoders are not ideal :(
    So tuner with hardware encoding won;t have these problems for sure?

You've listed what is selected; I asked you for what is available (each option in each field). I'm sorry to ask you to do that, but I need to know...
    No problem - I need it more then you do.

MPEG-2 Video decoder:​
    Crystal Player DVD Video Decoder
    Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
    ffdshow Video Decoder
    InterVideo Multiplexer
    InterVideo Video Decoder
    MPC - MPEG-2 Video decoder (Gabest) [SELECTED]

H.264 Video decoder:​
    DivX H.264 Decoder
    ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder [SELECTED]
    ffdshow Video Decoder

MPEG / AC3 audio decoder:​
    AC3Filter
    ffdshow Audio Decoder
    InterVideo Audio Decoder
    InterVideo Multiplexer
    MPC - MPA Decoder Filter [SELECTED]

LATM AAC audio decoder:​
    MONOGRAM AAC Decoder [SELECTED]

DD+ audio decoder:​
    ffdshow Audio Decoder [SELECTED]

Audio renderer:​
    Default DirectSound Device [SELECTED]
    Default WaveOut Device
    DirectSound: Microsoft RDP Audio Driver (emulated)
    Microsoft RDP Audio Driver

Good, so it looks like the patch is installed correctly. Now what we need to do is to add the ATI AVIVO encoders. I'm at work at the moment but I'll contact you this evening with some instructions for installing them.
    Waiting for your reply.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Jack163

Thank you for taking the time to do that. I know it is annoying, but hopefully it will help to make things better :)

So tuner with hardware encoding won;t have these problems for sure?
    Almost certainly. Of course there is always a small chance that you could have problems so I can't guarantee this, but they will give better video quality, use less CPU, and should be more reliable.

MPEG-2 Video decoder:​
    Crystal Player DVD Video Decoder
    Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
    ffdshow Video Decoder
    InterVideo Multiplexer
    InterVideo Video Decoder
    MPC - MPEG-2 Video decoder (Gabest) [SELECTED]
    Change this to "Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)".

H.264 Video decoder:​
    DivX H.264 Decoder
    ffdshow DXVA Video Decoder [SELECTED]
    ffdshow Video Decoder
    Leave this alone.

MPEG / AC3 audio decoder:​
    AC3Filter
    ffdshow Audio Decoder
    InterVideo Audio Decoder
    InterVideo Multiplexer
    MPC - MPA Decoder Filter [SELECTED]
    Change this to "AC3Filter".

LATM AAC audio decoder:​
    MONOGRAM AAC Decoder [SELECTED]

DD+ audio decoder:​
    ffdshow Audio Decoder [SELECTED]

Audio renderer:​
    Default DirectSound Device [SELECTED]
    Default WaveOut Device
    DirectSound: Microsoft RDP Audio Driver (emulated)
    Microsoft RDP Audio Driver
    These settings are all good.

I would recommend that you only use the MPC codecs as a last resort if everything else doesn't work. The Cyberlink PowerDVD codec is much better...

Waiting for your reply.
    I've PM'd you about this ;)

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi again Jack163

Thank you for taking the time to do that. I know it is annoying, but hopefully it will help to make things better :)

Thank you again.

I've done all you've advised and started MP. No interlacing in eurosport - but no sound as well.

On switching channel I saw slowing-up once.

And by the end - blue screen and reboot. I attach these logs.

After reboot I started MP, all channels are perfect and Eurosport has sound. Everything is still ok. I will continue watching it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good morning

...No interlacing in eurosport...
    When you say "no interlacing", do you mean "no interlacing artifacts". Is this fixed now?

...but no sound as well...
    This would be the fault of AC3Filter I think.

:(
    What do you mean by "slowing up"? Unfortunately the logs don't contain any useful information...

After reboot I started MP, all channels are perfect and Eurosport has sound. Everything is still ok. I will continue watching it.
    I wonder: have the settings gone back to how they were before (MPC codecs, Intervideo encoder), or are they still like I advised you to put them?

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Morning.

...No interlacing in eurosport...
    When you say "no interlacing", do you mean "no interlacing artifacts". Is this fixed now?
    Exactly, image is as perfect as it can be.

...but no sound as well...
    This would be the fault of AC3Filter I think.
    As I said - on next start it was ok.

:(
    What do you mean by "slowing up"? Unfortunately the logs don't contain any useful information...
    Lags in video.

I wonder: have the settings gone back to how they were before (MPC codecs, Intervideo encoder), or are they still like I advised you to put them?
    I will re-check and inform you.

I also did one more thing which maybe helped. I have a MovingPictures plugin with ~25 unmatched videos - so on every startup it tried to load, which sometimes hanged MP very much. So I ignored all these videos - could it help?

One more question - when watching TV in full screen MP, should MCE remote "channel" buttons switch channels?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

Exactly, image is as perfect as it can be.
    Excellent :)

Lags in video.
    Okay, now I understand. This also happens to me sometimes, especially while I'm doing other things on my computer at the same time. Just out of interest: what CPU do you have? Approximately how much load is normally on it when TV is running?

I will re-check and inform you.
    Thank you. If they have gone back then you could try using the PowerDVD video codec without the AC3Filter audio codec.

I also did one more thing which maybe helped. I have a MovingPictures plugin with ~25 unmatched videos - so on every startup it tried to load, which sometimes hanged MP very much. So I ignored all these videos - could it help?
    I don't think so, but I don't use MovingPictures so I'm not 100% sure.

One more question - when watching TV in full screen MP, should MCE remote "channel" buttons switch channels?
    I'm sorry I know nothing about remotes. Have you set it up in MediaPortal configuration?

Jack163

Portal Pro
    May 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Lags in video
    Okay, now I understand. This also happens to me sometimes, especially while I'm doing other things on my computer at the same time. Just out of interest: what CPU do you have? Approximately how much load is normally on it when TV is running?
    Pentium Dual Core E5400 OEM (2.70GHz, 800FSB, 2Mb, EM64T, LGA775)
    1 Gb of RAM (not too small?), Windows XP, HDD - Western Digital EARS with 4 Kb sectors (this needs WD Align Software under XP - can't it be the problem for time shifting?)

Load is not too high - not higher then 40%, usually much less.

All codecs remain as you've advised.

I'm sorry I know nothing about remotes. Have you set it up in MediaPortal configuration?
    Sure. They work but somehow strange - switch on some channels on 5th press up, never for down. They are properly mapped to "Channel up" and "Channel down" actions.

In general - how should ch up/down work when being in MP channel list? or when watching in full screen? Should it consider active group (analog, sport which I've created)?

I've been running MP for a while, configuring channels and never had problems. Only once I saw blue screen and reboot - on configuring WebEPG and watching loaded schedule in MP. What could cause it and can we somehow locate and fix the reason?

One strange thing more - if we are in MP TV menu watching TV in window, we move focus to video, press OK - video becomes full screen. But if we click "back" - cursor in menu moves to the first item. I guess it shouldn't.

Thanks a lot for your help again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom