BenQ W1070 issue

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ventry, December 27, 2013.

1. Ventry

Ventry Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I have just got a W1070 and run it via HDMI from my HTPC which runs MediaPortal.

MediaPortal has a "dynamic refresh rate" setting which changes the video frequency on the fly so that you get smooth video playback across many different file formats.

The issue is that when the W1070 changes frequency there is a 5 - 15 sec blank screen before the picture returns However the video continues playing in the background.
    This is problematic as I use the intro feature built into the Moving Pictures plugin and sometimes the trailer/intro is finished before the picture returns.

Is there anyway to reduce this delay?

I can eliminate the problem by turning off "dynamic refresh rate" in MP but then certain videos have "stuttery" playback.

Thanks

Ventry

• Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mylle

mylle Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Unfortunately the W1070 is rather slow at handshaking when content changes. I believe it was improved quite at bit with firmware 1.06 so if you are below that you could try upgrading. Firmware 1.06 also introduced new 3D formats such as SBS.

/Jacob

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ventry

Ventry Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for the info. Will check firmware revision next time I have it on. Looks as though I'll just have to "suck it up".
    Cheers
    Ventry

P.s
    GAH!! It's 1.05

Last edited: December 28, 2013
  5. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,164 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hi :)

I have try to do something about it, what version of MP did you use ?
    I can supply a bin for testing (i'm not sure it works but worth a try :)).

6. mylle

mylle Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Sebastiii. Im pretty sure its a Benq issue but please supply a Bin and i will test it out. im using 1.6pre :)[DOUBLEPOST=1388316091][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You can upgrade the firmware yourself (i did). The info is in this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1435626/benq-w1070-dlp-full-hd-3d-ready-with-lens-shift-for-1000

7. Ventry

Ventry Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Thanks for the info but, shit scared I'm gonna "brick" it. (it's a BenQ issue as the TV switches quick as)
    Cheers
    Ventry

P.s
    Just found out that updating firmware voids warranty. Strange????

Last edited: December 29, 2013
  8. Ventry

Ventry Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    Perhaps a setting to pause the video until "handshake" is complete? Is that possible to detect??

9. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,164 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    That the point, it seems that it's not possible to detect it or i would say, i didn't find a way to detect it like it's hardware related. MP send frame even if the screen is in progress after change refresh rate lol.

Actually, video start to play after all refresh command are sent, in my patch i have try to not start it until refreshpending is done (it's a flag true or false).
    But even with it, i'm not sure it will change anything.

It like when windows (manually change of refresh) we have a message to tell us if we want to keep the setting and the timeout start even if the display is in blank screen because windows already send and command was accepted lol.

So the only way will be to detect if image are on screen but that would mean that screen return some usefull information and i didn't find what to catch lol. :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!