BenQ W1070 issue (1 Viewer)

Ventry

Portal Pro
August 19, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have just got a W1070 and run it via HDMI from my HTPC which runs MediaPortal.

MediaPortal has a "dynamic refresh rate" setting which changes the video frequency on the fly so that you get smooth video playback across many different file formats.

The issue is that when the W1070 changes frequency there is a 5 - 15 sec blank screen before the picture returns However the video continues playing in the background.
This is problematic as I use the intro feature built into the Moving Pictures plugin and sometimes the trailer/intro is finished before the picture returns.

Is there anyway to reduce this delay?

I can eliminate the problem by turning off "dynamic refresh rate" in MP but then certain videos have "stuttery" playback.

Thanks

Ventry

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Unfortunately the W1070 is rather slow at handshaking when content changes. I believe it was improved quite at bit with firmware 1.06 so if you are below that you could try upgrading. Firmware 1.06 also introduced new 3D formats such as SBS.

/Jacob

Ventry

Portal Pro
August 19, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Unfortunately the W1070 is rather slow at handshaking when content changes. I believe it was improved quite at bit with firmware 1.06 so if you are below that you could try upgrading. Firmware 1.06 also introduced new 3D formats such as SBS.

/Jacob

Thanks for the info. Will check firmware revision next time I have it on. Looks as though I'll just have to "suck it up".
Cheers
Ventry

P.s
GAH!! It's 1.05

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I have try to do something about it, what version of MP did you use ?
    I can supply a bin for testing (i'm not sure it works but worth a try :)).

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Sebastiii. Im pretty sure its a Benq issue but please supply a Bin and i will test it out. im using 1.6pre :)[DOUBLEPOST=1388316091][/DOUBLEPOST]

/Jacob

Thanks for the info. Will check firmware revision next time I have it on. Looks as though I'll just have to "suck it up".
    Cheers
    Ventry

P.s
    GAH!! It's 1.05

You can upgrade the firmware yourself (i did). The info is in this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1435626/benq-w1070-dlp-full-hd-3d-ready-with-lens-shift-for-1000

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Sebastiii. Im pretty sure its a Benq issue but please supply a Bin and i will test it out. im using 1.6pre :)[DOUBLEPOST=1388316091][/DOUBLEPOST]

/Jacob

Cheers
    Ventry

P.s
    GAH!! It's 1.05

You can upgrade the firmware yourself (i did). The info is in this thread http://www.avsforum.com/t/1435626/benq-w1070-dlp-full-hd-3d-ready-with-lens-shift-for-1000

Thanks for the info but, shit scared I'm gonna "brick" it. (it's a BenQ issue as the TV switches quick as)
    Cheers
    Ventry

P.s
    Just found out that updating firmware voids warranty. Strange????

Last edited:

Ventry

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi :)

I have try to do something about it, what version of MP did you use ?
    I can supply a bin for testing (i'm not sure it works but worth a try :)).

Perhaps a setting to pause the video until "handshake" is complete? Is that possible to detect??

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That the point, it seems that it's not possible to detect it or i would say, i didn't find a way to detect it like it's hardware related. MP send frame even if the screen is in progress after change refresh rate lol.

Actually, video start to play after all refresh command are sent, in my patch i have try to not start it until refreshpending is done (it's a flag true or false).
    But even with it, i'm not sure it will change anything.

It like when windows (manually change of refresh) we have a message to tell us if we want to keep the setting and the timeout start even if the display is in blank screen because windows already send and command was accepted lol.

So the only way will be to detect if image are on screen but that would mean that screen return some usefull information and i didn't find what to catch lol. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom