Best connection PC -> TV (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Ok, a short update. It seems as it is a hardware problem on the board or maybe the RAM. I´ll change the RAM first, before changing the board.

I installed my other ATI card and it also flickered. My laptop plugged via the same cable is fine. My other card is also fine in my other system, so it must be another hardware part.

kivlok

Portal Member
February 13, 2005
Recommend U to try out Powerstrip, as suggested above.

I have a TV with VGA in, and i used a few hours with Powerstrip to learn the program, and am now able to get a non flickering image, and its so clear i can use it as a PC display.

There are a few (lots of actually) predefined settings, "custom resolutions", so after some experimenting i used one of them and made a few adjustments.

I guess DVI would give even better image, but if your set doesn't have it, youre in the same situation as me, and the difference between tv-out, s-video and vga is BIG.

I Have a 9800 Radeon card, so i set it up with tv-out while experimenting, so that u can switch on your tv and check out the settings. Recommend also that u figure out the hot keys in Powerstrip, and configure a set to give u the option of resetting to a working resolution when something screws up.

Brocklander

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2004
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The Nvidia 6600's are starting to come out with HD output through Component RCA's, could be something to look in to for those without DVI on their TV's (*waves)

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Oh, you found this old thread, so I can update it. ;)

The problem was the power supply! Seems like it is dead. I now installed my old one that I first modified with a 80mm Papst fan. Now it all is fine and calm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom