Best quality analog TV card? (1 Viewer)

osksa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmmmm, I don't know how you'd manage to fry it.
    No, don't have a good explanation for this theory. But there is a difference in potential between the antenna and the computer, see some small sparks when I connect the antenna cable. Maybe grounding the computer led current to take some path through the tv card to ground. But it seems strange, why did the other card survive? And why did it not brake altogether? Don't get it, maybe it is unrelated.

but frame rate and size should be available in all cases (because they're not encoder settings).
    Oups, forgot. True. Tried 576 x 758 PAL square pixels, and now mediainfo says 4:3.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hmmmm, I don't know how you'd manage to fry it.
    No, don't have a good explanation for this theory.
    I have two quad-tuner DVB-T cards in my HTPC. That is a total of 8 tuners -- except that one tuner no longer works. It stopped working when my location experienced a power cut a few weeks ago. :(

The tuner that failed was the highest-priority tuner, and was in use performing a recording when the power cut occurred. I guess that the sudden loss of power resulted in a high voltage or current flowing briefly, and damaging some component in the tuner module. :( (I have disabled that tuner in "TV Server Config".)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

osksa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm sorry to hear, but it does indicate that tuners are delicate. Thanx!

Last edited:

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tv Cards are the weakest pc computer parts, at least from my experience. I've managed to damage at least 3-4 of them.
    Last week one of my (two) dvb-t usb tv tuners died (is not recognized anymore).
    I remember of an Hauppauge hvr-1300 that suddenly failed (many many years ago) and so on.
    After a while some of their components begin to fail.
    Bye,
    sdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom