Best way to redo database from scratch? (1 Viewer)

sanderson

Portal Member
November 4, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Apparently I need to redo the database due to a problem with StreamedMP (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/long-delays-opening-editor-103369/).

After using the App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder I have artwork and a nfo in each movie folder, so I assume that will speed up re-scraping of all movies?

I cannot find where there is anyway to export watched flags, so that is not possible? Thats the worst part about redoing the database is loosing the watched status.

Anyone have any other advice to make it as least painful as possible?

:D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
You can't backup watched flags to a file but both follw.it and trakt will store your watched flags online and restore them with new installs. Follw.it is built into Moving Pictures and trakt is easy to install.

EDIT: But that said, you shouldn't ever need to rebuild your Moving Pictures database. We take great pains to verify the integrity of the database at each launch and fix anything that looks weird. If you are still interested in debugging the problem I would be interested in looking at your log files and/or database.

sanderson

Portal Member
November 4, 2008
Home Country
You can't backup watched flags to a file but both follw.it and trakt will store your watched flags online and restore them with new installs. Follw.it is built into Moving Pictures and trakt is easy to install.

EDIT: But that said, you shouldn't ever need to rebuild your Moving Pictures database. We take great pains to verify the integrity of the database at each launch and fix anything that looks weird. If you are still interested in debugging the problem I would be interested in looking at your log files and/or database.

Hi fforde,

I know what you mean about not needing to rebuild database, been using movingpicture for over 3 years now and never had to. This is just an annoying little problem I haven't been able to shake out.

I would very much like for you to look at the logs and/or database to see if you spot anything. In a while I will reproduce the problem and upload new mediaportal log and config log, and database and provide the links. Is there anything that would be benefical? Of couse with MP in debug log mode.

Thanks for the tip on follow.it and trakt, while I don't use either now I will sign up on one or the other just to not loose watched flags. Is one of the services better than the other?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Debug log files along with a database is as much as I could ask for.

As far as follw.it and trakt I am a bit biased, follw.it began as a social component for Moving Pictures. Trakt is nice as well though and has a nice stand alone plugin for MediaPortal. I would suggest poking around the website for each and deciding for yourself what you like better.

go follw.it!

sanderson

Portal Member
November 4, 2008
Home Country
Here are logs and db generated after reproducing problem.

link deleted

:D for your help.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I dont think there is anything wrong with your database, most likely the delay is due to the categories you have setup. There is a known issue with loading times on pageload and in category editor when you are using Person categories such as Actors (esp for large movie collections).

I would suggest first try removing those categories and see how you go.

sanderson

Portal Member
    November 4, 2008
    Home Country
    I'll give it a try with removing the catagories just to see,
    but I have only recently added custom categories and the problem was occuring before that.

Also if this is the problem wouldn't it occur in all skins?
    This delay only occurs when StreamedMp is installed.
    Uninstall it and I have no delays in opening MP config.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    StreamedMP BasicHome Editor allows you to choose Categories from MovingPictures so it loads that dll on startup. Other skins you have tried may not have that.

sanderson

Portal Member
    November 4, 2008
    Home Country
    StreamedMP BasicHome Editor allows you to choose Categories from MovingPictures so it loads that dll on startup. Other skins you have tried may not have that.

That explains why it happens with only StreamedMP.

Just deleted most of the categories and the problem is gone. So you were right on the money.

Thanks much for your quick and excellant help. And all your work on MP providing all of us with a
    great HTPC front end.

After working with it some more, deleting just the actors category cleared up the problem for me.
    All is good now.

sanderson

Portal Member
    November 4, 2008
    Home Country
    One last question, is there any way to limit the number of actors scraped per movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom