Beta testers needed for plugin | Page 3

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by barranger, June 12, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah i get the myprograms entry and when i go into it i see a sub folder which happens to exist within my roms folder, but no roms.

Should the extension read "*.zip" or ".zip" or "zip"?

Thanks for the help. I do like this application, have been totally frustrated by my experience with myHtpc and looking for something better.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Aha I found out what I was doing wrong.. seems that if I use exactly the settings I showed above, it works, except that the extensions needs to read .zip

Cool!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this little plugin brings a lot to mp:
    i succesfully launched mp3 with winamp and foobar. html files also work fine with both ie or firefox. great if u export a list of bookmarks as a single html file....

ok, still beta or obviously targeting emulators but it could be great to integrate this plugin for internet browsing or custom music library (playable with foobar for instance).

5. Frodo
    • Premium Supporter

Frodo Retired Team Member

Professional .NET developer
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    domi_fan,

I extended the ISetupForm
    Now you can specify
    - whether the plugin can be enabled/disabled
    - whether you want a button on home for your plugin. Ifso this button will be added automaticly

Lets dicuss it when we meet in #MediaPortal
    You need to add 2-3 extra lines in your plugin

Frodo

6. barranger

barranger Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok folks, i missed having a release yesterday, but that's because I was working on getting multiple emulators to work. I finally got it going and there's a new release (check the first post)

Here's what's fixed/new in this release:

-Support for multiple emulators
    -Works with Frodo's new automatic homepage link component (this component is also in beta so bear with us).

You'll still have to restart MP after changing the plugin settings, but that's top on my list of things to do so hopefully you'll see a fix soon.

Test out those emulators and programs and keep those bug reports coming.

PS thanks again to all of you who have tried this plugin out as rough a state as it is in.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Domi-Fan, nice work...
    Only thing I noticed is after setting up 3 diff apps, I all of a sudden had 6, double what I had setup. Then couldn't delete them, on reboot of MP, all 6 were still there. All worked but couldn't delete or change them...
    Otherwise, nice implementation...
    BTW, Is there a way you could just start an application with out params, like a graphic editing program, with no specific file selected? or a web browser with no linked web shortcuts..
    Keep up the development, is very promising...

8. tomtom21000
    • Premium Supporter

tomtom21000 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0
    Still refering to June 13 beta version.

As, posted I got mame32 emulator to work.

Now, there is this new issue:

Downloadable packages of screenshots used as symbols have no 100% identical name to the game ( example: a game called 1942j.zip, picture called 1942.png). Maybe a 90% similarity would do. Frodo has such a code for the movie section I think for stacking if I remember right.

Next thing is, all pictures are in .png format and are not displayed in mp (even with identical name).
    Converting them to .jpg results in correct display in mp.
    Is this a general mp issue? Maybe this can be expanded to .png images?

tomtom21000

Keep up the good work!

9. barranger

barranger Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Two valid points and two new bugs found.. I'll get on to these first thing tonight when I get home.

10. barranger

barranger Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is interesting...

Could you please tell me the steps you took to get this bug. Did you set up the emulators one at a time?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!