Beta testers needed for plugin (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Yeah i get the myprograms entry and when i go into it i see a sub folder which happens to exist within my roms folder, but no roms.

Should the extension read "*.zip" or ".zip" or "zip"?

Thanks for the help. I do like this application, have been totally frustrated by my experience with myHtpc and looking for something better.

A

Anonymous

Aha I found out what I was doing wrong.. seems that if I use exactly the settings I showed above, it works, except that the extensions needs to read .zip

Cool!

A

Anonymous

this little plugin brings a lot to mp:
i succesfully launched mp3 with winamp and foobar. html files also work fine with both ie or firefox. great if u export a list of bookmarks as a single html file....

ok, still beta or obviously targeting emulators but it could be great to integrate this plugin for internet browsing or custom music library (playable with foobar for instance).

Frodo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    domi_fan,

I extended the ISetupForm
    Now you can specify
    - whether the plugin can be enabled/disabled
    - whether you want a button on home for your plugin. Ifso this button will be added automaticly

Lets dicuss it when we meet in #MediaPortal
    You need to add 2-3 extra lines in your plugin

Frodo

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Ok folks, i missed having a release yesterday, but that's because I was working on getting multiple emulators to work. I finally got it going and there's a new release (check the first post)

Here's what's fixed/new in this release:

-Support for multiple emulators
    -Works with Frodo's new automatic homepage link component (this component is also in beta so bear with us).

You'll still have to restart MP after changing the plugin settings, but that's top on my list of things to do so hopefully you'll see a fix soon.

Test out those emulators and programs and keep those bug reports coming.

PS thanks again to all of you who have tried this plugin out as rough a state as it is in.

A

Anonymous

Hey Domi-Fan, nice work...
    Only thing I noticed is after setting up 3 diff apps, I all of a sudden had 6, double what I had setup. Then couldn't delete them, on reboot of MP, all 6 were still there. All worked but couldn't delete or change them...
    Otherwise, nice implementation...
    BTW, Is there a way you could just start an application with out params, like a graphic editing program, with no specific file selected? or a web browser with no linked web shortcuts..
    Keep up the development, is very promising...

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Still refering to June 13 beta version.

As, posted I got mame32 emulator to work.

Now, there is this new issue:

Downloadable packages of screenshots used as symbols have no 100% identical name to the game ( example: a game called 1942j.zip, picture called 1942.png). Maybe a 90% similarity would do. Frodo has such a code for the movie section I think for stacking if I remember right.

Next thing is, all pictures are in .png format and are not displayed in mp (even with identical name).
    Converting them to .jpg results in correct display in mp.
    Is this a general mp issue? Maybe this can be expanded to .png images?

tomtom21000

Keep up the good work!

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    tomtom21000 said:
    Still refering to June 13 beta version.

As, posted I got mame32 emulator to work.

Now, there is this new issue:

Downloadable packages of screenshots used as symbols have no 100% identical name to the game ( example: a game called 1942j.zip, picture called 1942.png). Maybe a 90% similarity would do. Frodo has such a code for the movie section I think for stacking if I remember right.

Next thing is, all pictures are in .png format and are not displayed in mp (even with identical name).
    Converting them to .jpg results in correct display in mp.
    Is this a general mp issue? Maybe this can be expanded to .png images?

tomtom21000

Keep up the good work!

Two valid points and two new bugs found.. I'll get on to these first thing tonight when I get home.

barranger

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    LarryGB said:
    Hey Domi-Fan, nice work...
    Only thing I noticed is after setting up 3 diff apps, I all of a sudden had 6, double what I had setup. Then couldn't delete them, on reboot of MP, all 6 were still there. All worked but couldn't delete or change them...
    Otherwise, nice implementation...
    BTW, Is there a way you could just start an application with out params, like a graphic editing program, with no specific file selected? or a web browser with no linked web shortcuts..
    Keep up the development, is very promising...

This is interesting...

Could you please tell me the steps you took to get this bug. Did you set up the emulators one at a time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom