Better looking WebMP (1 Viewer)

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ah I see, I don't use that service, because I use IIS :) So I have to restart IIS.

Last edited:

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I look forward to your final, my screenshot doesn't look like yours but I'm happy to wait.

Last edited:

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Maybe a hard refresh works? It doensn't look anything has changed in the HTML
As I said, I didn't test it as a skin yet.

Last edited:

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
A bit more digging shows a 404 error in the ISS logs, the properties of the images read:

1hvX9.png

Security issue perhaps?[DOUBLEPOST=1354409135][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeh I can't seem to 'unblock' those 2 image files, all the others are fine.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, I forgot to tell that creating a skin is a bit more complicated if you also want to change images or the HTML.

If you want to change images, you've to put a file named Web.config with the following content in your Content folder:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
      <system.web>
        <httpHandlers>
          <add path="*" verb="*" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" />
        </httpHandlers>
      </system.web>

<system.webServer>
        <handlers>
          <add name="ContentHandler" path="*" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" />
        </handlers>
      </system.webServer>
    </configuration>

If you want to change the HTML (the .cshtml files), you've to put a file named Web.config with the following content in your Skin folder (e.g. Skins/BetterWebMP):
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

<configuration>
      <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="system.web.webPages.razor" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorWebSectionGroup, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <section name="host" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.HostSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" />
          <section name="pages" type="System.Web.WebPages.Razor.Configuration.RazorPagesSection, System.Web.WebPages.Razor, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
      </configSections>

<system.web.webPages.razor>
        <host factoryType="System.Web.Mvc.MvcWebRazorHostFactory, System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
        <pages pageBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage">
          <namespaces>
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Ajax" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Mvc.Html" />
            <add namespace="System.Web.Routing" />
            <add namespace="MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Models"/>
            <add namespace="MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Mvc"/>
            <add namespace="MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Strings"/>
          </namespaces>
        </pages>
      </system.web.webPages.razor>

<system.web>
        <pages
            validateRequest="false"
            pageParserFilterType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewTypeParserFilter, System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
            pageBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewPage, System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"
            userControlBaseType="System.Web.Mvc.ViewUserControl, System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <controls>
            <add assembly="System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" namespace="System.Web.Mvc" tagPrefix="mvc" />
          </controls>
        </pages>
      </system.web>
    </configuration>

Everything will be explained in the skinners guide, but I haven't had time for that yet ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom