Better Plugin for Local Music Section? (1 Viewer)

TE5LA

Portal Pro
September 16, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
StreamedMP is closest in being perfect of any MP skin I've used. Most of the others seem to have errors trying to access certain things or their main menu works poorly. The one thing that seems lacking to me is a good local music section. I'm not sure if this is a StreamedMP thing or just an MP thing, but it doesn't look good and it never seems to download the thumbnails and art work. The only way I can make it display something is put a pic in the folders myself.

Is there a plugin that operates better, with pics and maybe more info, like song lyrics, etc.? Does mvCentral do this? I am testing MeediOS at the moment and it has a very nice default music section.

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    missing pics is mostly because of missing tags for your music files. MyLyrics is a plugin, which gives you the 'Karaoke' option ;)
    You might wanna check out this link to improve your music section.

Last edited:

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    missing pics is mostly because of missing tags for your music files. MyLyrics is a default plugin, which gives you the 'Karaoke' option ;)
    You might wanna check out this link to improve your music section.
    Yeah, I'm going to use MediaMonkey to try and tag everything. Any experience with this program?

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Nope, no experience. I always use MPTagThat :)
    MediaMonkey was bananas. I found one called Tag & Rename that seems to work pretty well. I guess there's no real "click and go" solution for this. I still pretty much have to manually look up every song but it facilitates the process. When I tried MediaMonkey, it took all the info from one album and applied it to my entire collection.

At least things are looking up now. I just have to finish my remaining collection. Covers seem to be showing up. Question: When I go to the music section, there is a cover on the folder that my music is in. The cover is from the Poco "Legend" album. Is this built into StreamedMP? If not, where does this come from?

Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess there's no real "click and go" solution for this.
    Not really, but if you want it to be more automatically you might wanna check out MusicBrainz Picard. I tried it but found out that i'm faster in tagging my stuff when i use MPTagThat. That program now also has a feature to pull the Lyrics from the internet and add those to the Tag.

Question: When I go to the music section, there is a cover on the folder that my music is in. The cover is from the Poco "Legend" album. Is this built into StreamedMP? If not, where does this come from?
    Can't recall having ever seen that. What type of menu are you using? Maybe there is a hidden folder.jpg in the windows folder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom