BGT3600 - DVB-S2 tuners not working with latest 9.0.0.2 beta drivers (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi, when using the latest BlackGold beta drivers (v9.0.0.2), the DVB-S2 tuners on my BGT3600 don't work. When tuning a channel I just get "an unknown error has occurred". I've tried repairing the database but it doesn't help. The DVB-T2 tuners seem to work properly.

The previous drivers (v8.1.1.2) tune fine, although they have other problems. I'll be letting BlackGold know about this too but I don't know if the problem is with the driver, with MediaPortal, or with both so I've posted here and attached a log. The main error is this:

Code:
[2013-07-26 15:20:23,422] [Log	] [20	   ] [ERROR] - Exception   :TvLibrary.TvException: Unable to start graph
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.DoTune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel, Boolean ignorePMT)
   at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBS.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)

Attachments

• MP Log - BlackGold 9.0.0.2 Driver Error.zip
    33.2 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Looks like you're using DJBlu's plugin. This would need to be reported to him... but potentially the tuner doesn't like the tuning parameters that you're using. Try a DVB-S2 channel.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    The problem has nothing to do with DJBlu's plugin, I had the same issues with their earlier unpublished drivers (they emailed me some for testing) last year before I was even using DJBlu's MediaPortal builds. I didn't try a DVB-S2 channel this time, might give that a go but it's annoying to switch drivers to test.

Last time I had this issue with the test drivers, I could tune fine using DVBLink and it was just MediaPortal that had problems.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Interestingly, I had a problem with the old V8 drivers causing the T2 tuners on my 3600 to fail, I have (just last night) updated my drivers to the latest version and I now have all 4 tuners working.

I will let you know if I have any problems over the next couple of days which might help with your diagnostics.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Oh really, so your DVB-S2 tuners work with the latest beta drivers in MediaPortal? What OS are you using because this has been an issue for me in both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012.

Any chance you could upload logs of tuning to a DVB-S SD channel so we can compare with mine?

Last edited:

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Using Win 8.

I am away for a couple of days, so will get logs at the weekend.

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    FWIW, my BGT3600 has been working perfectly on the v8 driver, both DVB-S/S2 and DVB-T/T2, so I'm reluctant to change. I wonder what they reckon to have "fixed" in the new driver (is it just Windows 8 stuff I wonder?). It's the most stable and sensitive tuner I've ever used (but also the most expensive!)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    It's meant to fix BSODs when trying to tune with 2 or more BlackGold tuner cards installed, which'd be great for me since I could use my BGT3630 together with my BGT3600 for 3 DVB-S2 tuners in total.

But since the drivers break MediaPortal DVB-S(2) tuning altogether for me, it's no good right now. :(

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    My issues are being caused by overheating I think.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Just an update on this issue, the most recent official drivers (v9.1.0.0) work perfectly. In Windows Server 2012, all 4 of my BGT3600 tuners work and I don't even have random continuity errors any more (didn't realise the v8.1.1.2 drivers were causing that). The only time I seem to get continuity errors now is when my recording HDD is being used for downloads (which is rare, and I've now scheduled them for overnight only). I'm also able to use my BGT3630 alongside my BGT3600 for a total of 3 DVB-S2 tuners and 2 DVB-T2 tuners, which wasn't possible with the old drivers. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom