Big wait to stop a video since 1.1 final (1 Viewer)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I assumed that you will suffer delay because there is 2nd bottleneck but I couldn't test it. I compiled special dlls for you so please backup then replace originals, start MP in debug mode Forum/How_to_post_logs - MediaPortal Manual Documentation , interpret problem then send here log then I will see which part in the still troubles you .

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Yes, thumb find problem as I thought:

2010-09-25 14:40:27.255122 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Load Directory: Finding thumbs...
    2010-09-25 14:41:23.664349 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: Load Directory: Find thumbs completed...

This will be a hard task but I will look into it, we repaired 1st step which cause delay but this is extra call after collecting files in directory which searches for thumbs and watched status ... Thx, you helped a lot. I will reopen the issue in mantis.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok, here's another one (this should cure your problem with starting view as database view, still, if you switch to share view after, initial loading time of share directory will be dependable of how many files are there and some other things related with videodatabase which right now is very hard to repair, but at least your reported problem will not exists -i hope so :)- ).

Just pay attention on watched and played time status in both views (this patch can only broke those). If you can , report as soon as possible so maybe it can still go for 1.1.1.

Core.dll patched file from previous posts is not relevant, you can use only this Windows.dll to test.

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yup, it's working :D

Share does take quite some time but i'm not loading in that view.. Might become a bug for those loading on that view compare to before

i'm wondering about the view, in the video folders you can select the default layout which in my case is set to icons and it always load in list no matter what I change, is that normal?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia

Share does take quite some time but i'm not loading in that view.. Might become a bug for those loading on that view compare to before

i'm wondering about the view, in the video folders you can select the default layout which in my case is set to icons and it always load in list no matter what I change, is that normal?

Share view is long only on first time loading (that was your delay problem after stop because share folder was been scanned then and it shouldn't, now it's scan when you switch view and never been there before in current session, or when you enter it in share view while browsing folder -> this is old behavior, when you inside that folder it will be fast on playing and stop but if you leave it then it will needed to be scanned again -> problem of only one cached folder at a time).

Concerning layout, I think it's patched file problem, it shouldn't be like that. Thx for spotting that. I will see what need to be checked extra for right view (just to find the clue how to repair your problem took from me 5 years of life :) ).

Will let you know here soon.

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Share view is long only on first time loading (that was your delay problem after stop because share folder was been scanned then and it shouldn't, now it's scan when you switch view and never been there before in current session, or when you enter it in share view while browsing folder -> this is old behavior, when you inside that folder it will be fast on playing and stop but if you leave it then it will needed to be scanned again -> problem of only one cached folder at a time).

Concerning layout, I think it's patched file problem, it shouldn't be like that. Thx for spotting that. I will see what need to be checked extra for right view (just to find the clue how to repair your problem took from me 5 years of life :) ).

Will let you know here soon.

The layout problem was there before the patched file, I started using mediaportal in april 2008 and it never loaded the view as I told the software.

Hehe, don't work too hard on it, first problem was annoying since it wasn't like that before but this one I never seen it working so i'm used to it, I was more wondering why the option was there.

WildParadise

Portal Member
    May 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    it's your call, I don't wanna give you extra works now that it's fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom