Bitstreaming Ok in MPC-HC but No in Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

elevenblocked

Portal Member
March 22, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
maybe this will help.

For registering codecs, one of the beauties of MPC-HC is that you usually don’t need any. The built in codecs, along with ffdshow

are all that is needed for 99% of the BluRays I’ve come across. However, any external codec installed should be available via MPC-

HC’s External Filters list – assuming the codec is set as “preferred”, MPC-HC will attempt to load the higher ones on the list

first.

taken from avs forum.

I have never used foobar so can’ say for sure what this issue is. As far as multi channel flac in MPC HC the issue is that Windows Mixer gets its hands on your flac file which is causing the problems you hear. You need to set up WASAPI Exclusive mode using Reclock to ensure tha your flac files bypass Windows Mixer. With foobar I believe you can set up WASAPI exclusive mode as well. Here is a good guide on how to set up Reclock:

How to config ffdshow and reclock for HD audio, - Doom9's Forum

Sounds like you have either:
A) Windows set to stereo (in the playback devices configuration), or
B) ffdshow’s mixer set to stereo.

Also, you don’t need Reclock to get 6 channel LPCM, but it’s probably the only way to get bit-for-bit LPCM to your AVR. Having the

movie in an mkv is even better still, since you can take ffdshow out of the equation as well (plus giving you the option of

compressing LPCM to flac.)

BMan

Portal Member
August 29, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Here's one thing to check. The ffdshow video codec has a feature that blocks it from running. If you want to use the ffdshow video codec, then you may need to change this setting. Open the guide in post #9 above. Go to page 3 and look at the first picture in the "DXVA Video Decoder Configuration" column. You will notice there are check boxes for "Don't use ffdshow in:" and "Use ffdshow only in:". You may need to edit these settings. I think I had to uncheck the "Use ffdshow only in:". Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom