Bizarre command repeat issue (1 Viewer)

mobius1980

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
Hey fujistick,

Congratulations on having some success with the issue... As mentioned above, my repeat issue is solved, now I'm trying to customise all my buttons (now that they work) and having a hell of a time doing it.

I was wondering if it was possible for you to upload your .imo file and the XML file that goes with the KeyboardInputPlugin? I just can make any sense of it and I suspect a bit of a head start would really help.

If your able to help out with this I will worship the ground you walk on. :D

fujistick

Portal Member
January 18, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
No worries, here they are.

Basically for the KeyboardInputPlugin, I used the MCE remote example Keyboard.xml as a base and customised it for me. I also renamed each of the buttons that i use in the KeyboardInputPlugin configuration to have the key combination in the name eg. renamed "Play" to be "Play (Ctrl+P)", to make it easier for me to maintain in the future. (Ctrl+P is easier for me to read then 10080 ;))

The Button names (minus the key combination) in the KeyboardInputPlugin should generally match the Function names in iMON Manager. I can post some screenshots of the Harmony software device key mappings that go with this if you like.

BTW, the "My Movies" button points to Moving Pictures, so if you don't have that installed, it might (or might not) throw an error. Also, i mentioned in my last post that if a key press isn't mapped to a Button in KeyboardInputPlugin, it throws and exception and crashes MP when it's pressed. I've mapped the important ones that are sent from iMON Manager for me that were missing from the MCE example (from memory, Enter, Esc, cursor keys, etc), but I've been too lazy to map the number buttons, so if you press one of them, it will probably crash MP. This should be easily fixed by adding a Button in KeyboardInputPlugin for each number.

I'm currently using KeyboardInputPlugin 2.0.0.0, and I just come across this post (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...te-input-plugin-25755/index11.html#post344312) in which SilentExcept (not the original author) has made a new version. I haven't tried this yet, but the description looks like it may have fixed the MP crash problem. ("Better handling of keys not mapped through the plugin").

That should get you going at least. Oh, and you don't need to worry about worshiping the ground I walk on. :)

Attachments

• iMON Manager and KeyboardInputPlugin mappings.rar
    30.8 KB

mobius1980

Portal Member
January 26, 2009
Home Country
Thank you sooooo much. This is great, your files have instantly fixed all my remotes problems in reference to mappings with MP. I took your advice and tried the second version of KeyboardInputPlugin by SilentExcept and haven't had any more crashes so if you keep getting the problem I would certainly recommend the change...

Again, thank you so much, you've been a life saver.

:D

solstars

Portal Member
March 26, 2009
Denver
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
To anyone who is interested, I had the exact same issues on my Harmony 880, but it really only seemed to be the "escape" command. It would repeat all the way to the home screen and sometimes take over the system entirely. I worked through this for three days, and ultimately discovered that the "stop" command would work when used as the escape key (remapped in MP config). So, I taught my Harmony to use the PAD remote "stop" command to be my "exit" button on the Harmony. I then used the PAD "App Launcher" button as my "stop" command in the Harmony. Problem is FIXED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom