Black screen after channel change... (1 Viewer)

jhb

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
So...
...now I finally went back to RC4 again. I've tried the last SVN build (21688) since some people seem to find the TSreader in that one better, but I got an error that the version of the TVplugin was incompatible.

So I tried the patched client that is mentioned in the 21688-thread, but then It was incompatible with the server (and I could not update the server at that time), since it had no SVN-number attached...

Then I tried to reinstall 1.0final instead. But now that one was incompatible (had a crash every time I went into main menu and then it hung there) with TV server of SVN21688 (that I couldn't reinstall due to TV being used).

Finally I tried 1.0RC4 instead and finally I have a TV solution up and running again and now with less bugs than 1.0final. I am currently using SVN 21688 on the server and 1.0RC4 on the client...

jhb

Portal Pro
September 19, 2006
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I got curious about the latest SVN release and tried that. Didn't work out well...
...but I got to test 1.0final again and it is not even close as good as RC4.

RC4 is the fastest and most stable release I have run. Currently using it together with SVN21720 on the server and it works perfect (as long as I don't switch channels so that I switch TV-card).

Also found another reason that the TV card watching from is changed - EPG grabbing (which then might lead to black screen or no viewing at all as the result is on RC4). So now I turned DVB-EPG off completely and only uses XMLTV which works better and gives more info about the shows.

Bernardo71

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2008
    Completely agree...

...I am struggling with this topic as well and have now flagged my DVB-S2 SAT card to be preloaded and the DVB-S card as responsible for EPG stream download.

Sind that moment the system runs stable and switches channels without loosing the image.

By the way: When the issue is occuring even the start of a recorded TV Show does not work at all. The same problem as with live TV. Audio, but no Video.

Since the above mentioned workaround this issue vanishes as well....

Weird stuff....will continue to follow this discussion.

Regards
    B71

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Pre-loading is not helping me and I can't even test the new 1.0.1 release, since there I get no picture at all when running in multi-seat...

UPDATE:

Got 1.0.1 to work on one of my computers and there the "black screen after channel change" issue is solved! Now I just got to try to find out why the other computers are messing with me...

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    1.0.2 solved the rest of the problems...

...so now it works like a charm! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom