[no Bug] Black screen after pausing or stopping a video or recording (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Logs attached
    Please follow the guidelines and post full logs (in debug mode if you can re-produce). Also your issue appears to be different to this thread so please start a new thread

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Black screen after pausing or stopping a video or recording

Hey guys,

I have the same problem with the screen turning black. Odd thing is that I can't reproduce it, it occurs randomly (my feeling says, some kind of media has to run for a while). Either on stopping Live Tv or a video file or on just hitting "Escape" while watching. The screen goes black and my AVR tells me "no signal". But I can see on my lcd that mp is still running. I can navigate through mp and start a movie file. Then the picture will come up but as soon as I hit escape or stop again, the screen will go back again.

As my recent attempt on generating logs failed I will attach the logs I saved before that. Maybe someone can read something out of them.

This info might as well be helpful: The problem didn't occur on any RC up to 6 before I had done some changes to my hardware.
    I replaced my Nvidia 8800gt with a ATI 5450 (Catalyst 10.6) and I installed a soundgraph lcd display (iMon Manager is 7.32.0704).

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Michael

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Since this thread is classified as "no bug" no one seems to care no more. did I miss something or why has it been tagged as no bug?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Black screen after pausing or stopping a video or recording

Since this thread is classified as "no bug" no one seems to care no more. did I miss something or why has it been tagged as no bug?
    because the op said
    I ran Windows updates, which updated the video card etc also. No change to the problems I was experiencing. Formatted the hard drive, installed windows, ran Windows update etc, and THEN installed Mediaportal, and all is good now. Thanks for your help.

If you still have an issue then create a new thread (this error was down to Windows never being updated)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hi jameson,

yeah thanks, I really missed that tjharris solved it by updating the os.
    I will as well do a clean install and have a look what happens. if it comes back I will open a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom