Black screen playing Videos (1 Viewer)

Henry_Castle

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Hi all,
Since upgraded version 0.2.2 and new svn files, it's impossible to see any media files in My Videos. Sound is good but black screen appears. Obviusly, I tried with all codecs I have got but even so.
Trying trial & error I repaired that everything is getting well when I played the files as original format. Other formats (zoom, strectch....) appears blank screen.

Somebody is in the same situation?
Waiting help, regards
Henry_Castle

Henry_Castle

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Following in the seek of the black screen while playing videos in fullscreen....
I read from top to down all the forum with this issues and it's pointing something related with directx9.0c and ma graphic card (ATI Radeon 9100 IGP, so my htpc is a shuttle ST61G4).
I remember during the past within setup of MP in general I coud activate/deactivate "Enable directX". With this version 0.2.2.0 and latest svn does not appear. Is it right? Will it be incorporated in the coming svn files?

I think is my last chance, so I tried all answers reported in the forum:
- Upgraded directX. I got them but I tried it anyway.
- Deleted font files from the default skin. Someone reported he succeed. Butno my case
- I copied mediaportal.xml from the 0.2.0 version to this one. Nothing.

I appreaciated some help so that MP loses focus if I cannot use MY Videos.

Thanks Henry_Castle

WilliamG

Portal Member
January 21, 2007
You may want to check this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1st_attempt_play_video_always_fails_myvideos-t13591.html

I have the same problem as you. The only way to make a video play is to load the video (black screen with sound playing fine), and then press STOP and then press PLAY again. Tell me if that works for you.

If it does, at least that's a workaround for the time being. Would be nice if there a way to fix the problem entirely... :(

c22mort

February 12, 2007
Ah...sorry forgot to mention that after setting to zoom, it worked AND THEN I could set aspect ration back to it's previous setting.

WilliamG

Portal Member
January 21, 2007
Hmm...I will try that when I get home. I'm not sure your problem is the same as mine, though.

For me, I get a black screen when I play the video, but the sound plays fine. Then all I need to do is press STOP on my remote, and then press PLAY again, and the video plays fine from then on. I only have to do that the first time I load MediaPortal and play a file. Every video afterwards works fine, the first time (until I reload the application/reboot system).

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Seem I have the same problem.
Pressing stop doesn't work, setting the aspect ratio to original works. As does setting it to anything other then normal. Again it goes back to where it was when the system is rebooted.

wunschkind

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
hi,

same problem here. MP 0.2.2 and yesterdays SVN. "normal" aspect ratio does not work (the others do). any idea?

bye

wunschkind

--> !!! setting the reolution to 720x576 did the trick here. try it.

peep

Portal Pro
March 1, 2006
Finland
Home Country
Finland Finland
I've also got the same problem here, but only on some files. Can't figure out what might be causing this and it's driving me NUTS..

BUT, thanks to this thread I've come to a solution :D If I get a black screen, all I have to do is change the aspect ratio (while watching) and the picture appears :) Thanks guys..

EDIT: I was fooled, "normal" aspect ratio DOESN'T work, I had it on stretch. This is weird because it only affects some movies and it seems quite random :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom