Black screen playing Videos (1 Viewer)

henker32

February 26, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
my dpi was at 96 too, but my resolution was at 1280x720 so i canged it to 1080i and guess what, black screen issue is gone.

mabye you have to set it to 72dpi for 720p resolutions?

Andreas

Portal Member
March 2, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hmm. It seems that there is more stuff involved in this problem then.
For test I tried to put 150 % in DPI settings and then MP hangs if I try to play music? And of course the black screen on video is back.
If I have 1080P resolution and DPI to normal it works.
And I use MP in fullscreen also.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Same problem here, some XviD work and some doesn't, stoping the video and restarting it again from where it left worked for 10 times, but now it doesn't work anymore, the only thing that work is changing the zoom to anything other than Normal, it's really anoying, since this remove a part of the subtitle.

I tried several SVN release and thay all do the same, mabye the problem is from the XviD resolution, because the XviD I've done myself (640x???) all work well and those I find on the Internet, usually 608x???

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi fellows,

i suddenly had the same problem for some weeks now.
After trying all things already said here I reset my screen resolution from 800x600 back to 720x576. This at first brought no cure. But - don't ask me why - then I recalibrated my screen with the built in adjustment tool (under settings in MP itself). And now it seems to work as it should.

Perhaps this approach does help someone else.

Grtz
Patric

dukeelam

Portal Member
September 30, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
then I recalibrated my screen with the built in adjustment tool (under settings in MP itself). And now it seems to work as it should.

Tried this now too and it worked for me, thanks :D

I have had the upper-left "arrow" 2 or 3 pixels right of the edge, probably after a autoscreen calibration of my screen had put the first pixel column outside of the screen. This have not been a problem before, but now putting the "arrows" at the outer most possible edges the video plays fine in "normal" mode.

Regards
Duke

Sillycrap101

Portal Member
February 28, 2007
Same here. Blank screen on Xvids. Tried a bunch of different codecs but none played picture in MediaPortal. Files work fine in WMP, VLC etc..

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Solved my problem, I was using the Codec pack called "Combined Community Codec Pack" to allow me to read x264 files, I have uninstalled it and I installed ffdshow alone only and now everything work as it should.

SOmebody know how to read x264 files other that using Combined Community Codec Pack ???

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ffdshow (I think, don't use it for that myself) or CoreAVC (have to pay for it though). You also need Haali Media Splitter for mkv files.

Personally I've been using coreavc with good results, uses about 50% CPU on my 1.8 Athlon 64 for HD content.

Useful threads [thread=16093]here[/thread] and [thread=11164]here[/thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom