Blackscreen (no GUI) after resume from S4 since SVN Rev11685 (1 Viewer)

Patric

Portal Pro
August 27, 2004
Home Country
Germany Germany
Really solved?

Hi all!

Is this error really solved for all of you?
I get this kind of error after every start of my HTPC (with autostart of MP) for a few SVN releases now (one week, perhaps).

Mediaportal is running but doesn't draw anything onscreen. I then have to blindly navigate to the close button in the topbar (yes I know - Alt+F4 would also work) and the restart MP manually. Then everything works fine. I already setup a start delay for MP to 10 seconds but that didn't solve the problem either.

Here are some log excerpts:
MP-Log: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11475
Error-Log: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11476

Btw. animations are turned of and as already mentioned I run 0.2 with latest SVN.

Greets

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I had the problem, but it was solved in the first SVN where it was addressed.

It's not really a solution, but to make your life a little easier, you can install the MyKeys plugin, then pressing "G" for Guide or "T" for TV will kick things back into life. At least that worked for us when the error was happening and if it doesn't for you then it may also be a helpful test.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, Patric
    You should turn off in MP Setup -> General -> "Use separate thread to render the GUI" & test again.

I can see from you log that it is on "[MPMain]: GraphicContext: using separate thread for GUI rendering"

Regards
    Roy

Patric

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Marcus
    Thanks for the tip. As my remote allows me to directly jump into the different sections I managed to get the UI back with entering MyTV.

Roy
    Will try this later. Some work to do now. Report back!

Thanks you two!

Patric

Portal Pro
    August 27, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hrmm, couldn't resist to just run a quick test.
    You're right Roy. Disabling the mentioned option solved my problem. Great.
    There's still that error in the logs which kept them growing indefinetly before, but it only occurs once.

Thanks a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom